Anyone ever meetingup in Edmond OK? - Page 2 - International Association of Penturners
     International Association of Penturners
Pens for Service Members

Support The IAP

Go Back   International Association of Penturners > Welcome to penturners.org! > Local Chapters > Oklahoma
  Forgot Password
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Logged on members can hide ads!

Welcome to penturners.org!

You've found the home of The International Association of Penturners. You are currently viewing our site as a guest, which gives you limited access to view discussions, photos, and library articles.

Consider joining our community today. You'll have full access to all of our content, be able to enter our contests, find local chapters near you, and post your questions and share your experience with our members all over the world.

Membership is completely free!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2017, 10:57 PM   #11 (permalink)

Photos: 49

The Georgia chapter meets in the Woodcraft classroom in Atlanta GA. Not OKC. That would be a bit much of a drive to go to the meeting.

However, I may be taking a trip to OKC to see my brother some time this summer. We grew up in the Village and then when I graduated from John Marshall I went in the military and wound up in the south when I got out.
eharri446 is online now   Reply With Quote Top
Old 06-01-2017, 09:44 AM   #12 (permalink)

Photos: 1

Paul,

Kerry Campbell had a heart attack about a year ago. He said it was pretty bad. He may still be doing a lot of recovery work.

I had talked with him about doing a reunion meeting with all the Mantown guys. I didn't turn for very long with that group but sure enjoyed learning from the men that attended. Michael Kelsey was my boss at that point. He's the one that invited me to the group.

It's definitely a small world!

Micah

First, men must decide what they will not do. Then, they can act with
vigor in what they ought to do.
OklaTurner is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 06-01-2017, 11:09 PM   #13 (permalink)

Photos: 6

It definitely is a small world. I am not good at remembering faces with the names, but.....it was a good group of guys. My daughter went once or twice with me.

Romans 12:2
Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind..........
Paul in OKC is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Advertisement
Old 06-13-2017, 08:03 AM   #14 (permalink)

Photos: 0

Looks like we at least have some interest in getting together. I might stop by the WoodCraft store this week and talk to them about having a meeting there in the very near future.
SJScher is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 06-13-2017, 08:54 AM   #15 (permalink)

Photos: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJScher View Post
Looks like we at least have some interest in getting together. I might stop by the WoodCraft store this week and talk to them about having a meeting there in the very near future.
I asked them about it when I was there on Saturday. They said they only host their own classes in the room. However, I got the impression they thought I was asking to use the room for hosting a turning meeting. I just wanted to use it to have a place to visit while sharing our work.

Hopefully, you can explain it to them in a better way than I could.

Thanks,
Micah

First, men must decide what they will not do. Then, they can act with
vigor in what they ought to do.
OklaTurner is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 06-20-2017, 02:04 PM   #16 (permalink)

Spoke with manager at Woodcraft and he is going to see if he can get the Okay from the owner for us to meet there.
SJScher is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 06-20-2017, 09:38 PM   #17 (permalink)

If you do meet at woodcraft I just might try and come up. I am up there at least once a week anyway.
The only bad thing a bout me going to woodcraft is I can not get out of there for under $100.00
My paycheck should just be direct deposit to them lol.
Artpick is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 06-20-2017, 10:12 PM   #18 (permalink)

Looking forward to getting together!

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind..........
Old 07-15-2017, 06:18 PM   #19 (permalink)

Photos: 4

We do have a woodturning club in the OKC area. Central Oklahoma Woodturners Association
The club dues are $30.00 a year. We are starting up a sub-group for the pen turners.
September 21-22 we will have Kurt Hertzog at the club giving a class for kitless pens. This class is only open to the membership. The cost of the class is $100.00 If anyone in the OKC area is interested, I suggest that you visit the club's web site and go to the next meeting. The demonstration for next month is a turned cowboy hat.
If you have any questions please contact me.
Kenessl is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 07-16-2017, 07:00 AM   #20 (permalink)

I found something on Craigslist and got instructions for where to see it. About half way there I thought, hey, this is at Ken's place! Fun visit yesterday and he told me about Kurt coming to town. Would still like to touch base with this group before hand, if we can!

Related Content
Logged on members can hide ads