Wisconsin Meeting Agenda Ideas

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

WoodenDragon

Local Chapter Leader
This will be the comprehisive list of meeting agenda ideas...

(Updated 1/19/2009)

· Demonstrations
o BLO/CA Finish (complete)
o Pen Wizard (complete)
o Tool Sharpening

· Discussion/Education
o Fountain Pen fundamentals (101)
o Advanced Pen making
o Segmenting

· Equipment testing

· Product testing

· Events
o Blank swap
o Pen swap

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PR_Princess

Mike,

That is a great start! Everything that I remember that was on everyones' wish list! But, if we do this quarterly, that would put the next meeting mid January. Post holidays.

While that may be a better time for everyone schedule, but it might be a thought to try to squeeze one in before the holidays. In addition to having fun with that (read party:cool:), maybe we could try to co-ordinate it with a sale event at Woodcraft. Also if there are special gift pens that are in the works it might be a good chance to see them, get help or ideas.

Oh, one other thought. Our time at Woodcraft seemed to fly by. We never got a chance to use make full use of the facilities (or even do shopping!). What do you think about a having a little more structure while we are in the store, and continuing after at a local pizza/beer place?

Wayne...nice to see you on the forum!:)

Last edited:

WoodenDragon

Local Chapter Leader
Dawn,

I agree. Having a meeting earlier then January would be nice, maybe early December to avoid the holiday rush? We will have to see if this works with the majority of the group, but we can put out a "feeler" to see what others think. I also think a party would be a lot of fun (although I can't find any reference to "read party" anywhere...). I think combining any of our meetings with a sales event at WoodCraft would be great, unless of course you don't want to be tempted to spending anymore money :eek:.

I also agree that we should have a little more structure in the meetings to follow. I don't think too much structure was possible at our first get-together due to the time frame and the lack of knowing which group members were actually coming and what each would like to discuss. Once we have these items under better control I believe we can start having a more structured meeting. I will work with Chris and other individuals to ensure we are setup appropriately. I will also be contacting group members several weeks in advance of the meeting to see who would be willing to give demonstrations and lead certain discussions.

I think that having the meeting later in the afternoon pretty much ruled out the shopping (except for me :biggrin:) as it was very close to the "closing time". We could probably coordinate that a little better in the future…

Most of the time (depends on the day and time), I would love to hit a pizza/beer place to continue our meeting or just to get to know one-another better.

WoodenDragon

Local Chapter Leader
Yeah i'd love to see that.

Hopefully, i'll have one by then, i told my wife thats what i wanted for Xmas!!!

I have added it to the agenda...

Top Bottom