Wisconsin Meeting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ssajn

Local Chapter Leader
Time for another meeting.

Our next meeting will be June 12 at noon at Woodcraft.
http://www.woodcraft.com/stores/store.aspx?id=506

Once again we will have our very own PITH, blank exchange and demos. The blank exchange and PITH are voluntary but it's guaranteed everyone will leave with some nice blanks. I also try to have door prizes if I can get donations.

Bring in some of your pens and show everyone what you've been doing.

Woodcraft provides us with a meeting place, lathes, coffee, cookies, popcorn and a 10% discount the day of the meeting.

See everyone on June 12th.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ssajn

Local Chapter Leader
Just a reminder of our meeting next Sunday June 12 at noon.

Don't forget to bring in blanks for the blank exchange and a pen for our very own PITH.

See everyone on the 12th at noon.

P.S. If anyone is interested in some maple or aspen bowl stock let me know. I have a few extra pieces of the stuff at the time and thought I'd share.

Last edited:

ssajn

Local Chapter Leader
Something new for our next meeting. I have someone coming in to professionally video tape our demo. He's then going to then edit everything and create a DVD. Dennis does this at our local wood turning meetings and does a fantastic job.

We're also going to have a drawing for inlay kits from Kallenshaan Woods.

Don't forget to bring pens for troops, Woodcraft will replace your kits, the blanks exchange and a pen for our very own PITH.

See everyone Sunday.

alphageek

Former Moderator
Well.... Crossing my fingers, I HOPE to be there. I missed the last meeting because my daughter was sick. This time is different - she is already visiting family in MKE and I'm to join her & my wife for the weekend. Assuming nothing ELSE goes wrong, I'll be there.

ssajn

Local Chapter Leader
Have you checked with your demonstrator to make sure he/she isn't in the witless protection program? He/she may not want to be videotaped....

We'll just give the demo guy a disguise. We'll dress him/her up to look like the guy from Racine. :biggrin:

alphageek

Former Moderator
Have you checked with your demonstrator to make sure he/she isn't in the witless protection program? He/she may not want to be videotaped....

We'll just give the demo guy a disguise. We'll dress him/her up to look like the guy from Racine. :biggrin:

NICE! :)

Unfortunately (LONG story) I won't be there again... My poor kid just cant catch a break this year.

tdjumr

Walnut

You'll have a visitor from Central IL this time. I will come bearing gifts of walnut of alot of sizes. I no longer turn walnut since I am allergic to it. I'll bring the pen blanks inside, the large stuff suitable for bowls and stuff will be left in my trunk.

alphageek

Former Moderator
Dave,

I really, really wish I could have made the meeting. If there is a chance to see the DVD or get a copy of it once its done, please let me know. Also, if the people in it are ok with it, It might be a great thing to add to the IAP library - I can help size it appropriately if needed.

On a personal note - I was going to be there, but its een a rough year for my family in small ways... This time my daughter is in a tiny percentage of kids that ends up with shingles. (And she never had chicken pox, she had the shot!) She's getting better, but still needs more care than usual.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Sorry to hear we will miss you tomorrow, Dean.

But, your kids need their parents when they feel poorly. You're a good dad!!

ssajn

Local Chapter Leader
Dave,

I really, really wish I could have made the meeting. If there is a chance to see the DVD or get a copy of it once its done, please let me know. Also, if the people in it are ok with it, It might be a great thing to add to the IAP library - I can help size it appropriately if needed.

On a personal note - I was going to be there, but its een a rough year for my family in small ways... This time my daughter is in a tiny percentage of kids that ends up with shingles. (And she never had chicken pox, she had the shot!) She's getting better, but still needs more care than usual.

email sent

ssajn

Local Chapter Leader
Last meeting

My apologies for not posting sooner but I was dealing with an illness in the family.

We had a good turnout at our last meeting with 19 members coming out to see Hilltopper46 give his demo on a Pentel pencil.

One change this meeting, we had it video taped in the hopes in building our own library. Our next meeting will be Sept 18 at noon. Our demo on that day will be creating a postage stamp blank and casting.

Thanks to Tony for doing an excellent demo. Also to Woodcraft and Kallenshaan Woods for their support.

Here's pics to prove it really did happen.

Attachments

• Img_1320.jpg
    Img_1320.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 173
  • Img_1324.jpg
    Img_1324.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 167
  • Img_1319.jpg
    Img_1319.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 173
  • Img_1326.jpg
    Img_1326.jpg