Whats required for attending the meetings

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Hi guys,

New here, but not to pens. Lurk around on the Fountain Pen Network more than anything else. I am inquiring about how a person attends the quarterly meetings and where they are located. I am from the chicago area and as there isn't a club around here, it would be good to have the opportunity to ping ideas and get together with other penturners in a face to face setting. For the most part, I turn from kits, but I also try to make 2 full custom pens every quarter. Do I qualify?

Thanks,

Ryan

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alphageek

Former Moderator
Welcome, Ryan to the IAP and to the WI chapter. All thats required to attend is to show up!!!

We'd be glad to have you there! Please bring with some of your pens, we'd love to see them (and post some here too!!!)

Hopefully you've seen the meeting coming up in feb. Hope to see you there!!!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Now for the serious answer: We meet every quarter or so, next meeting details are here: http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73979

Follow these threads by watching the Wisconsin forum. Each meeting has a demo or two, with questions encouraged and additional info encouraged.

Next meeting we are planning a "roundtable discussion" of disasters we face and how to turn them into "redesign opportunities".

So, come with your latest prize pen (for show-off) and a pen to trade, if you wish (we have a Pen In The Hat trade, throw one in, take one out--preferably not your own).

Mostly, it's a chance to meet a bunch of other folks who, not surprisingly, turn pens!!

All levels are represented--some beginners, a couple of us have turned thousands (and one or two GOOD ones).

Hope this helps, we welcome flatlanders (IFF the Bears lose this weekend).

Now for the serious answer: We meet every quarter or so, next meeting details are here: http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73979

Follow these threads by watching the Wisconsin forum. Each meeting has a demo or two, with questions encouraged and additional info encouraged.

Next meeting we are planning a "roundtable discussion" of disasters we face and how to turn them into "redesign opportunities".

So, come with your latest prize pen (for show-off) and a pen to trade, if you wish (we have a Pen In The Hat trade, throw one in, take one out--preferably not your own).

Mostly, it's a chance to meet a bunch of other folks who, not surprisingly, turn pens!!

All levels are represented--some beginners, a couple of us have turned thousands (and one or two GOOD ones).

You need to first check which team this flatlander roots for....Go Pack

ssajn

Local Chapter Leader

Your in. :biggrin:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager

Wow---this guy KNOWS the password!!!!

Hope no one told him about the "secret handshake" too!!!

WELCOME!!!!!!!!

RonSchmitt

Welcome Ryan, from a "former" flatlander. (Joliet)
And after Da Bears BEAT the pack, if my packer backer wife doesn't kill me, I'll see ya at the meeting.
And boy do I have a "redesign opportunity"to show.

ssajn

Local Chapter Leader
WOW Ron's going to a meeting. I thought you might have dropped off the face of the earth.
Hope the wife doesn't hurt you too bad when the Packers kick Bears butt.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
WOW Ron's going to a meeting. I thought you might have dropped off the face of the earth.
Hope the wife doesn't hurt you too bad when the Packers kick Bears butt.

Probably just another "idle threat" from a Bears' fan---:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

JerrySambrook

Are we not pen turners?
Why all this talk about a bunch of overpaid crybabies who go on strike for more coke money?

Oh yeah, football fields are a waste of a good 100yd smallbore range.

ssajn

Local Chapter Leader
Are we not pen turners?
Why all this talk about a bunch of overpaid crybabies who go on strike for more coke money?

Oh yeah, football fields are a waste of a good 100yd smallbore range.

I couldn't agree agree more. 100yd is about right for nice handgun range. :biggrin:

Top Bottom