Thanks Mike! Great meeting!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hilltopper46

Mike, thank you for the work and organization you put into today's meeting. Also, thanks to everyone who demonstrated. Finally, thanks for all of you who suffered my little pearls of so-called wisdom offered from the back corner.

Great meeting. Let's do it again.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alphageek

Former Moderator
Agreed... Great job coordinating... Now we just need more room :)

Anyone who watched my demo - I would appreciate feedback... Let me know if you try it and how it works for you! Just remember not to glue your fingers :)

onewaywood

I also was very glad I came to the meeting.
And a special thanks to all the people who coordinated
it and demonstrated. Again thanks for the feed back on that pen I showed everyone.

WoodenDragon

Local Chapter Leader
Thanks all, I appreciate it. Makes all the work, worth it! Moving forward we will be using the full room!!!:wink:

I would like to send out a big thanks to Ed, Larry, and Dean for the wonderful demos. Although thanks to Ed, I think I am even more afraid to do Fountain Pens... :eek: Great Information though! Several members also donated items for the give aways. We greatly appreciate your generosity!

We also need to send out a huge Thank You to Ken Nelson for the wonderful kits he donated!:cool:

alphageek said:
Anyone who watched my demo - I would appreciate feedback... Let me know if you try it and how it works for you! Just remember not to glue your fingers :)
Dean, I am definitely going to give it a try, hopefully this week. My CA finish is inconsistent at best, so maybe this will straighten it out. I'll let you know how it goes. Ever since I started making Pens I don't think I've left my shop without a body part glued to something... :confused:

hambone420 said:
I was glad to have heard about this and NOW that I AM a Member I can not wait for the next one.
Welcome to the IAP, it's great to have you aboard Jeff! :biggrin:

Thanks again to everyone that attended, can't wait for the next one!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Actually, Chris -- YOU DID!!

WELCOME JEFF!!!!!!
(Hambone, huh???)

Stop by the forum, show off some pens. You will learn a few things along the way!!!! Glad to have you with us!!

Good meeting with a great chance to get "close" to other turners. I tried the BLO/CA method again at home and it still works.

Looking forward to the spring melt and our next meeting.

Larry

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
And MIKE!!!!! WHAT A GREAT JOB!!!!

(even encouraging everyone to get healthy and slim so we can fit in the meeting room --- INSPIRED!!!:):giggle::smile-big::rotfl::highfive:

alphageek

Former Moderator
Actually, Chris -- YOU DID!!

Ok thanks to Ken, the kits were free... But did you ask Ed what it will cost you to get it? I left early too, but I was 'generous' and took my name out of the hat... I 'said' this was to allow those who hadn't tried one of these kits, but really it was just to make sure Ed didn't steal it.:rolleyes:

Next meeting - we need to have a show your finished pens for these kits in the agenda. It would make a cool post here too (pic of the finished products).

arkie

Yeah, the 6 carvers had the big end of the room, but that just made it cozier. And there was plenty of room to park in the back. All minor inconveniences, quickly forgotten in the chance to learn a lot and meet new folks.

alphageek

Former Moderator
I have one picture... But it has the pen wizard being demoed... So you can guess who is in it... And I saw that person snap at least one pic too.

alphageek

Former Moderator
Blackmail smackmail

Heh... funny thing is I'm not really all that camera shy... And so - do your worst... (oh and you can see we weren't kidding about how tight the room was. You're looking at about 1/2 of the space in this picture.

Attachments

• IMG_9681r.jpg
    IMG_9681r.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 199

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
If it wasn't so cold out, I'd go get the camera - but your safe until tomorrow, Dean!!

I also took a shot of "sardine corner" that will include Tony!! Haven't actually looked at the pics to see what I got!!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
sardines

Larry demoing the CA finish (twice) and Sardine corner.

Attachments

• WIsmeet1.jpg
    WIsmeet1.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 203
  • IMG_0685 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0685 (Small).JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 199
  • IMG_0686 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0686 (Small).JPG
    51.2 KB · Views: 199

RustyNail

I think you were busy looking @ your puzzle pen ;) JK. BTW thanks to all for all the great discussions. Great group of people, I can't wait for the next one.

alphageek

Former Moderator
I think you were busy looking @ your puzzle pen ;) JK. BTW thanks to all for all the great discussions. Great group of people, I can't wait for the next one.

Actually, I'm pretty sure that I had Larry's other pen/manrel in my hand in the middle picture. I was talking about the last pic... The one where ALMOST everyone is intently looking over in the direction of the lathe :)

Top Bottom