Sundays Aftermath!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

WoodenDragon

Local Chapter Leader
A Big thanks must go out to Ed and Dawn for coordinating this event and to our fine host Chris at WoodCraft!! This was a wonderful place to meet.

All-in-all, I thought we had a nice turnout and several informative conversations took place. We held a nice blank swap and Ed got to try the NOVA!!! Most of all it was great to meet everyone in person!

Now, down to business…

Moving forward the "honor" of coordinating this event has been bestowed upon me :eek:. As such, I will do my best to ensure everyone's needs are being met to the best of my abilities. I have bulleted a few points below for general knowledge, communication, and clarity.

· Meeting frequency - We will be starting out with quarterly get-togethers. This is not set in stone, and we can always have more if the need or demand warrants so.

· Meeting Date – The dates will be determined using the spreadsheet Dean (alphageek) created. The day with the highest availability will be chosen if an adequate meeting location is available that day. If not we'll shoot for the next date in line until we get a winner. I will keep this spreadsheet updated as best I can, but I will rely on you all to keep your calendar updated. (If you need assistance with this please let me know and I'll be more then willing to give you a hand.)

· Meeting Time – Our first meeting was at 2:00pm. Once we determine a day we will work with the time of day that will suit us best. I may add hours of availability to the spreadsheet to make this easier to determine (we'll see… :confused:).

· Location – In my opinion, meeting at WoodCraft was ideal. At this point that will more then likely be where we meet the majority of the time. However, we discussed the possibility of rotating the locations between Milwaukee and Madison or possibly others. We will keep this as an open item and try to determine what is best for the group as a whole.

· Communication – We have decided that although the forum is a great way to communicate, e-mail is probably the most effective for everyone. I will still post all the communication on the forum, but I will also be using e-mail to help notify and confirm meeting locations, dates, times, and agendas. If possible, please send me an IM or e-mail with the e-mail address you would like me to contact you at.

· Agendas – I will start a new thread in the Wisconsin area and keep an updated list as to what people would like to see at these meetings. We have a few suggestions already, but please feel free to add any ideas of what you'd like to have demonstrated, learn, view, try, discuss. Please don't feel embarrassed or shy about adding to the list. You can't possible ask any worse questions then me!!

That's it for now. I apologize if I missed anything. Gimme a holler anytime if you would like to discuss something in greater length or detail.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

LabTrnr

Mike, I can see by your posting that we nominated the right person to head up our group, thanks for taking that on. Let me know if you need any help with anything, I'd be happy to be of assistance in case of a sudden crisis. Thanks also to Ed for getting the ball rolling, I think these meets will bring up all our skills as turners.

Mike,

Thanks for taking this job. The pay may not be great, but there are a lot of benefits. (let me know when you find ONE)

It was enjoyable spending time with everyone, Sunday.

I will keep all informed about progress of our Madison group.

Larry

Top Bottom