Meeting Spreadsheet test

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alphageek

Former Moderator
Ok...

I'm trying something here -- not this may not be 100% official, but I want to see what we can gather.

Ed and I are having technical issues, but I would like to have some others at least try so I can try and narrow down the problem.:frown:

I've created a Google Doc spreadsheet that is 'excel-like'... Could some of the Wisconsin people see if they can open this and enter their 'choices' for preferred dates for a meeting in MKE.

Here is the link:

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pf8RFjsxGUwaK_amyJa8pOA&hl=en

Please try it and give me feedback - If it works for most - I can try to figure out whats up.. If it doesn't work for most, I can try something else.

Dean

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
OK Dean,

On my computer that uses Firefox, it came up beautifully. (It is a newer system, I believe it uses XP operating system)

On my IEExplorer ver7 - under Windows NT4 (STOP LAUGHING, DEAN!!!), I get a completely black screen, even after it says "Done".

Can we just have people fill in the blanks on the one you posted as a thread???

(If this is dumb, I already told you I am near illiterate!!)

alphageek

Former Moderator
Yep... They both point to the same place. So go for it Wisconsin people... Fill out your preferences on the spreadsheet linked at the top of the page, and we'll see if we can get a meeting put together.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Further info-

I talked with the store owner, we are definitely approved.

Date to be determined, so fill in the blanks, please!!

jskeen

What's the matter Ed, Can't get the hamsters in that old computer in the back of the shop to generate enough power to open a spreadsheet? This is the one with the massive 14" monitor, right? :)

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
State of the art!!

What's the matter Ed, Can't get the hamsters in that old computer in the back of the shop to generate enough power to open a spreadsheet? This is the one with the massive 14" monitor, right? :)

I BELIEVE we will have to measure on the DIAGONAL to reach 14".

I only KNOW that the type is too small for me to see.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Wed the 8th and Sunday the 19th seem to be our leaders, in October.

Because of driving time for many, I would favor Sunday (it is NOT an issue for me and PR_Princess says, "You're driving", so she can make it anytime too)

Can anyone make a good case for midweek evening, or should I pursue Sunday???

(Packer fans, radios with earplugs will certainly be allowed!!)
Small TV with mute - seems reasonable.

36" flat panel with exterior speakers will be discouraged!!!! (But I do have one that we use for shows ------ sooo------well, negotiable, based on what the membership wants)

No alcohol, please, but soft drinks are ok. Chris has coffee - if its a Sunday, we will bring kringle.

alphageek

Former Moderator
I'm glad I could help!! Being one of the travelling folks, my vote is for the weekend!!! I don't think I'll be able to pull off a weekday under normal circumstances. Oct 19th would be a cool date for me! It would mean 3 trips to MKE in a months time for me, but I'm ok with that :)

If any other local groups see this and want to use the spreadsheet idea, I can help!

LabTrnr

Either day works for me but the kringle would sway my judgment. Would anyone be interested in a blank exchange? We could each bring one blank to trade or whatever, might be a good ice breaker.

alphageek

Former Moderator
I like the blank idea!! Something cool like everyone draws numbers .. #1 introduces themselves - passes their blank to #2, etc.. Could be fun!

Just one question ... How do I get to cheat and get a PR_princess special blank ?:biggrin:

WoodenDragon

Local Chapter Leader
Most days work for me, but it is easier during the weekdays as I am on that side of town for work. Going home I drive right by WoodCraft, so it saves on some gas.

A blank exchange sounds like fun. However, I do feel sorry for the individual that would receive my sorry blank :eek:...

I was also wondering if some of the veteran turners would be able to bring some of their favorite pens of various styles so us newbie's can see how its really done and what to shoot for.

Would it be possible to maybe have a demonstration of someone doing a CA finish. I learn much better by watching.

Last edited:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Most days work for me, but it is easier during the weekdays as I am on that side of town for work. Going home I drive right by WoodCraft, so it saves on some gas.

A blank exchange sounds like fun. However, I do feel sorry for the individual that would receive my sorry blank :eek:...

I was also wondering if some of the veteran turners would be able to bring some of their favorite pens of various styles so us newbie's can see how its really done and what to shoot for.

Would it be possible to maybe have a demonstration of someone doing a CA finish. I learn much better by watching.

Mike,
I only have about 500 pens currently made, and EVERY ONE of them is EXCEPTIONAL!!! So, I will try to keep my explanations short - say 5-10 minutes per pen.

Hope that will satisfy your interest level!!!!!

(Seriously, usually we bring no more than one folder full and only answer questions)

ALL the members have done "interesting" things - you will find!!!

WoodenDragon

Local Chapter Leader
Ed,

If you brought 500 pens, i would honestly look at every single one of them. I need as much help as i can get and your work is phenomenal!!

Have we finalized the date for this yet?

alphageek

Former Moderator
I've had to back off some of my availability for october :( ... so I doubt highly that I'll be able to make this this month... But I agree setting a date makes sense... Get it out there and they will come??

Top Bottom