Jan 11th Proposal??

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alphageek

Former Moderator
I just had a thought that I'd propose. I saw earlier that early Jan is one of the timeframes recommended for the next meeting.

I wonder if we could 'kill 2 birds' by having this the afternoon of Jan 11th? The woodworkingshows tour will be in Milwaukee the weekend of Jan 9-11th. For those of us coming from another city, this would be a good chance to see the show either saturday, or earlier on sunday--- then meet for IAP.

Then we could also see about Kens laser giveaway for this meeting -- Assuming Ed hasn't talked him into sending them retro for the last meeting and kept them all to himself ;)

Thoughts?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

LabTrnr

That sounds like a good plan. I usually go to the show on Friday, that would give me an excuse to go again on the weekend.

WoodenDragon

Local Chapter Leader
Dean, that sounds like a good plan, especially for the out-of-towners.

I can't say with 100% certainty that I will be able to attend it at this point, but odds are it will work for me.

I'll put together an e-mail suggesting this date, and we'll see how many people would be available. I'll also check with Chris at WoodCraft to see if this date would be open and what times would work for him.

What time would you like to start and how long would you guys like to meet for? I believe WoodCraft closes at 5pm on Sundays.

cwasil

I'd like to attend. Only thing I'd ask is that it's early afternoon, if possible....I'd have to leave at around 3'ish. I don't think I've got much knowledge to add but sure could learn something.

hilltopper46

I'll be in Phoenix, AZ. In January. Playing in the desert. That's where the picture was taken (in 2005) for my avatar. It's a tough job but somebody had to go so I volunteered.....

Seriously, I prolly won't be around for the January meeting.

WoodenDragon

Local Chapter Leader
So far were sitting at 6-7 possible attendees for this date (weather and time dependant). I would like to hear back from more of you to determine whether this date will work or not.

Please let me know one way or the other...

Thanks!

alphageek

Former Moderator
Put me in the YES camp. Like cwasil, I'd prefer early afternoon (noon start?) so that I can get out and home at a somewhat reasonable hour.

I plan on coming in and going to the woodworking show on sat.

Dean

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Mike,

Did you send out an email on this? Just asking because I did not see mine. Am I on your list? Did you go directly to my spam??

Please advise, here. Thanks!

WoodenDragon

Local Chapter Leader
Ed, I did send you and Dawn both an e-mail to the addresses you provided at the last get together. Not sure why you guys would not of received it... :confused:

To date only Larry and Wayne have directly replied back to the e-mail. :)

I'll check with Chris about the date and time as soon as I can.

Top Bottom