Important!!!! READ Wisconsin-N. Illinois

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Mike (WoodenDragon) has asked Dave (Ssajn) to grab the reins for a while, as Mike "learns the ropes" of being a "daddy". So, Dave is now attempting to get feedback from the members.

Current "leaning" is toward a meeting in August. But, it has been a while, so we need to know WHO is still going to come to a meeting--WHAT you would like to see done (Demo or "hands on" format) Generally, what is your preference for getting together??

The meetings (for those who don't know) are held in Milwaukee, less than five miles off the interstate on a Sunday. So, those in Illinois are invited, since there is currently no group assembled in Chicago area.

Weigh in here!!! Comments required!!

Thanks!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

arkie

I'll be there. I've even offered to do my Walmart CA demo, first time ever. At least it will be mercifully short. :)

Add a couple other (better) demos, a blank exchange, and a chance to vist, and I'm good to go!

ssajn

Local Chapter Leader
OK, Ed beat me to the punch.

As Ed stated we're looking to conduct a meeting sometime in August and would like an idea in those interested and what would you like to see. Demos or maybe a multi station "hands on" format.

Now is the time to speak up and let me know what you want. Also anyone interested in doing a demo would be great.

As like the last meeting I'll be contacting some vendors for samples. We will also have a blank exchange.

Dave

Last edited:

hilltopper46

I plan to be there. I had to bow out of the last one because of a semi-emergency at the last minute (I broke my glasses and could not find my emergency back-up pair in time to leave).

Oh, I almost forgot - we are taking an extended vacation July 22 to August 9 or so.

Paladin

Attendance...

I would like to attend. Maybe I can do a demo on how not to use the Harbor Freight pressure pot!

Or, on how to make an acyrlic pen, using only 6 blanks.

Marc Ward
Brookfield, WI

ssajn

Local Chapter Leader
A little off topic

Woodcraft will be conducting a "Turn for Troops" on September 25th. If anyone would like to turn a few pens and bring them to the meeting Woodcraft will give you a slimline kit to replace the one you donate.

Your also welcome to turn on the 25th.

Last edited:

ssajn

Local Chapter Leader
The date has been set for our next meeting.
August 15 Noon at Woodcraft.

http://www.woodcraft.com/stores/store.aspx?id=506

Demos so far are:
Turning PR
Buffing
"Walmart" CA finish
Turning a perfume atomizer
One piece Cigar pen

If there is anything else you want to see or if you want to do demo now is the time to speak up.

As usual we will be having a blank exchange so bring in some of your pen blanks and go home with something new.

See everyone on the 15th.

Last edited:

alphageek

Former Moderator
Meeting in 8 days! I am going to be making at least 3 pens for the Cody fundraiser. If anyone would like to add some of their own, I'll gladly add it to the box going down... I'll pick up the shipping.

Top Bottom