"Fountain Pen 101" Volunteer Needed!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

WoodenDragon

Local Chapter Leader
I am looking for a volunteer to lead a 20-30 minute discussion regarding the basics of Fountain Pens. I would like this to be a several part series, starting off with the basics and moving to the more advanced matters in the up coming meetings.

Personally, I have no clue about anything when it comes to Fountain Pens, so I have shied away from them for now, but at some point I'd like to try some.

Here's what I was thinking:
  • Basic Parts of the pen and what they do
  • Nibs
  • How to ink and write with the pen
  • Do's and Don'ts
  • Which Kits to use or shy away from

Obviously, you will need to be able to attend our January 11th meeting...

Please let me know if you would be willing to do this for the group.

Thanks!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

WoodenDragon

Local Chapter Leader
Come on guys, someone has to know something about fountain pens.

I don't want to have to scratch this agenda item... :eek:

Techie

Come on guys, someone has to know something about fountain pens.

I don't want to have to scratch this agenda item... :eek:

This is a topic that I would really like to know more about. In particular:

What makes one fountain pen better or more expensive than another?

For those who know and use fountain pens, what are they looking for when selecting a fountain pen?

Even if this gets scratched from the Jan 11th meeting, I'd like to keep it on the back burner for another meeting.

WoodenDragon

Local Chapter Leader
wdcav1952 said:
Do you pay for travel expenses?? :rolleyes::biggrin::wink:
Ed might spring for it!!

PenWorks said:
WI, Jan 11th, even if you paid tripple, I would pass :eek: :biggrin:
Yeah WI weather really blows this time of year!! I'm just lucky the pay is so good for coordinating these meetings or I might just pass too. :confused: :eek:

Techie said:
This is a topic that I would really like to know more about. In particular:

What makes one fountain pen better or more expensive than another?

For those who know and use fountain pens, what are they looking for when selecting a fountain pen?

Even if this gets scratched from the Jan 11th meeting, I'd like to keep it on the back burner for another meeting.
This item will stay on the agenda until we accomplish it. If no one volunteers, I'm sure we can at least fumble through the basics with the amount of people we will have. I know a few of them have at least some basic experience with fountain pens.

kent4Him

In our little chapter, I'm guessing that Ed is the closest thing to an expert that we have. I know that he will disagree, but he has accumulated more information on fountain pens than most. Maybe we can have Lou visit from out east.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Actually, Chris, this is the first I have seen this thread and I would, reluctantly, have to agree that I am probably more familiar with SELLING the benefits of fountain pens, since I have had the opportunity on several occasions to watch the aforementioned Mr. Metcalf in action.

I will already be showing the Pen Wizard. But, if you can bear my voice, I'd be happy to talk about fountain pens. It would also force me to make some drawings that I should have done years ago.

So, consider this a volunteer with the "yank clause" firmly in place.

If anyone else wants to do it, I will take no offense if you "Yank' me.

WoodenDragon

Local Chapter Leader
Ed,

I figured you would be able to help us in this area if need be, but I was hoping that someone else might have enough knowledge to lead the conversation. My goal is to have as many people as we can contribute, and not just the same people stepping up to the plate.

If you don't mind doing this as well, we would really appreciate it! If by some chance someone else volunteers within the next couple days we can put you down as the relief pitcher…

Thanks Again!!

WoodenDragon

Local Chapter Leader
Chris,

Are you going to be able to attend the meeting? I have not seen a yes or no from you on any other post, unless I have missed it...

Let me know one way or the other...

Thanks

Top Bottom