December Meeting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ssajn

Local Chapter Leader
As decided at our last meeting our next meeting at Woodcraft will be December 5th at noon.

At this meeting we're going to try to have a demo on sharpening using a wet grinder (Tormek or Jet). If anyone would like to show other methods of sharpening that would be great.

Don't forget, for those wanting to participate we will be having out own PITH. Any material, finish can be used but you must use a Slimline or Euro. Be creative, lets see what we can come up with.

We will also be having our usual blanks exchange and show off items we've made.

Other ideas, suggestions or anyone willing to demo are welcome.

See everyone in December.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ssajn

Local Chapter Leader
Jason Swanson will be doing the sharpening demo in December. He's suggested anyone coming to the meeting is invited to bring tools to be sharpened. We'll do a workshop where you can be coached in using the wet sharpener and sharpen your own tools. Jason will be using a Jet. I'll try to get Woodcrafts Tormek so we can compare the two.

alphageek

Former Moderator
Jason Swanson will be doing the sharpening demo in December. He's suggested anyone coming to the meeting is invited to bring tools to be sharpened. We'll do a workshop where you can be coached in using the wet sharpener and sharpen your own tools. Jason will be using a Jet. I'll try to get Woodcrafts Tormek so we can compare the two.

While you're at it... See if they have a worksharp that we can use to demo too?? I could bring mine, but the less I have to haul, the better. I'm hoping to make it still and if I do, I can demo the worksharp.

ssajn

Local Chapter Leader
Thanks Dean,

If you could demo the Worksharp it that would be great. Maybe someone out there has a Wolverine they could demo too.

They do not have a Worksharp that I know of. If I find they do have one I'll let you know.

alphageek

Former Moderator
Thanks Dean,

If you could demo the Worksharp it that would be great. Maybe someone out there has a Wolverine they could demo too.

They do not have a Worksharp that I know of. If I find they do have one I'll let you know.

Interesting! The woodcraft in appleton has a demo one... But thats fine - its not that big... I'll plan on bringing mine unless you tell me otherwise.

alphageek

Former Moderator
Boo.... Sorry, but we'll have to add the worksharp demo to the next meeting as a "sharpening followup" . I've been informed by my better half that my daughter has a dance demonstration that day, so I can't go to Milwaukee.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I believe Tony (Hilltopper) has a worksharp and demod it at a previous meeting--maybe we could entice him to do a "rerun"!!

FREE coffee, Tony!!! (If Chris has it made)

whegge

Which Woodcraft do you meet at? I am in Illinois and go to the Madison one frequently. I would love to make a meeting if I could.

Wes

ssajn

Local Chapter Leader

While you're at it... See if they have a worksharp that we can use to demo too?? I could bring mine, but the less I have to haul, the better. I'm hoping to make it still and if I do, I can demo the worksharp.

Dean,
Woodcraft has a Worksharp we can use for a demo. They also have a Wolverine and by the time we meet they will have a slow speed grinder set up to use Tormek jigs.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
A meeting near the holidays is always difficult, so those of you who CAN make it---please show up!!! I know several people cannot be there --- I will be, but don't let that stop you from coming!!

Hope to have a dozen or so--so please come if you can!!!

ssajn

Local Chapter Leader
Sorry it took so long to post about our December meeting. Attendance was a little light due to being close to the holidays but the turnout was still respectable with 13.

Jason Swanson gave a demo on sharpening using the Jet wet sharpener. We also had 5 people bring in pens for our exchange.

Next meeting as of now will be March 13th at noon. The demo will be a "Round table" discussion on problems and solutions encountered in making a pen. A lathe will be available if needed.
We decided to have another pen exchange. This time the type pen is open to anything so bring in a pen you would like to receive.

Thanks to Chris for letting us meet in his Woodcraft store and Ken form Kallenshaan for his donation of inlay kits.

Attachments

• Img_1161.jpg
    Img_1161.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 174
  • Img_1162.jpg
    Img_1162.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 163
  • Img_1163.jpg
    Img_1163.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 173

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Hey!!!! PICTURES!!!!!

It HAPPENED!!!!!

Thanks Dave--the meeting was very well organized, just a bad time of the year, I'm afraid (chalk it up to experience and planning for next year!!)

Thanks to Jason for "carrying the ball" !!

Top Bottom