2nd Quarter Meeting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

WoodenDragon

Local Chapter Leader
It's that time again...

I need you guys to narrow down when we want to get together. What month would you prefer April, May, or June? Once you guys decide on the month I will see what days WoodCraft has their room available and we can go from there....

Also, now would be a good time to throw out any agenda ideas as well...

Dean was kind enough to put together a spreadsheet for people to update their date preferences in April, May, or June... Simply add your forum name to the next available line and place a 1 under any Sunday you can make it.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pf8RFjsxGUwZQSjqfArQnRQ

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me...

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
If you pick May, don't forget Mother's Day
IF you pick June, remember Father's Day
If you pick July, plan around my birthday (should be a national holiday, but not yet.)

Oh, I'll be there, pretty much any time. (I have no life!!)

hilltopper46

May or June works for me except for Memorial Day Weekend (I'm hoping to be doing a show then).

Maybe you'll have another post for this sort of thing, but I'm willing to bring my Drill Doctor (and some old beat-up drills) and demo it and my WorkSharp 3000 as well. Maybe sharpening could be the theme?? Or part of the theme for the meeting.

WoodenDragon

Local Chapter Leader
Well so far it looks like anytime after the first week of May... Hopefully we'll get a few more post to see if I can narrow it down further.

hilltopper46 said:
Maybe you'll have another post for this sort of thing, but I'm willing to bring my Drill Doctor (and some old beat-up drills) and demo it and my WorkSharp 3000 as well. Maybe sharpening could be the theme?? Or part of the theme for the meeting.
Tony we have had a few requests in the past for some tool sharpening demonstrations so this would be great.

If anyone else has any agenda ideas please let me know!!

alphageek

Former Moderator
I don't think it makes a big difference to me. I'm in a show down that way the first weekend in may, but hopefully I can make just about anytime. I won't know for any specific date until closer anyway.

WoodenDragon

Local Chapter Leader
RonSchmitt said:
I have an agenda idea,
( insert yelling and foot stomping here )
how about how to drill alternative ivory WITHOUT blowing out 1 half of each pen:eek::eek:?

I'm no expert, and i have yet to work with alternate ivory, so take this for what it's worth... :confused:

On delicate or unstable material i seem to have found a method that works for me. I start with a smaller bit and gradually work my way up to the correct size. The more unstable it is the smaller steps i take, making sure the blank cools down in between the steps. Obviously this takes a little longer, but I have yet to blow anything up using this method.

I'm sure Ed will be more then happy to share his method...

WoodenDragon

Local Chapter Leader
I spoke with Chris at WoodCraft and he has the following dates available:

5/24, 5/31, 6/14, 6/21, 6/28

So far we've only had 6 people update the spreadsheet, and based off that I will be selecting 5/31 as our meeting date unless I get any negative feedback before Wednesday.

ed4copies said:
I would be happy to do that, either WITH the Beall collet or without.

I think a demo would be great. I'd say one without the collet, as I'm sure not everyone has one.

We're still looking for more agenda items for the meeting, so please let me know if you if there is something you'd be interested in...

alphageek

Former Moderator
If there is no preference, I'd love june over may ... Schools out so I don't have to get back to GB and could stay later on sunday night.

Dean

WoodenDragon

Local Chapter Leader
We'll shoot for 6/14 then. If no one gives me any negative feedback on this date by Wednesday I'll schedule it with WoodCraft...

WoodenDragon

Local Chapter Leader
Sorry for the delayed response. It took Woodcraft a few days to get back to me, and then I got busy...

Anyways, we're all set for Sunday, June 14th at 12pm.

I'll be sending out e-mails, adding an agenda list, and asking for confirmations in the days to come...

If anyone has any questions please feel free to contact me...

Top Bottom