ontario special project

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

pensbydesign

My name is Steve Rice and I'm one of 6 members that is working on a special project commissioned by Jeff to gather information on the success of your chapter and how your ideas can help other chapters be as successful. I'll also be sending a questionnaire to your local chapter leader to gather info. I would like to hear from members on what you like about your group and any ideas you have on improving your group.

If you have any questions or ideas to share please pm me or email at pensofwood@gmail.com

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Canadian chapter, it doesn't look like you have had a meeting for a while is there something we can do to facilitate this
Hi Steve; I'll try to provide my point of view, others may pop in here as well.

Our biggest deterrent to a chapter meeting is the size of our province and distances required to travel. In addition, we have a large divider to travel in our province. It's called the City of Toronto. We also only have 2 seasons here, winter and construction.

Some of us have made meek attempts to have small meetings but nothing has ever come to fruition.

I have met and know quite a few Ontario penturners on a personal level. I also have too many irons in the fire so to speak to spend a great deal of time organizing such an undertaking.

Thanks for your interest. I wish I could be of more help!

wood-of-1kind

Canadian chapter, it doesn't look like you have had a meeting for a while is there something we can do to facilitate this

We may not meet under the IAP banner but there is a "pulse" of pen turning
activity in the GTA (Toronto) region. The meetings (sporadically) are held at Humber College (Toronto) as time and interest allows. As Mack has already mentioned, "geography" (distance) to be traveled is an issue.

darrin1200

I have to admit, I have been pretty lax in mapping out the Ontario members. Like Mack, I have a few to many irons in the fire.

Distance is our biggest issue. After a quick look at the member list, it appears that the nearest member to me is RKing over in Cornwall. That's a short hop of about 160km (95 mi).

I would love to get together with other pen makers, but coordinating a meeting to match schedules is to big a project for me right now. I haven't even had time to get down to Mack's monthly breakfast in Ajax.

I hope someone is able to coordinate a meeting. With at least a months notice, I promise to make time to be there. ( as long as its under 600km) :) :)

ve3bax

Darrin,

im a little closer than cornwall, about 65km north... Perth ;)

at the risk of repeating what has already been said, indeed, city centers are pretty far apart and "the center of the universe" and surrounding area probably has a decent concentration of members, but the rest of us seem to be in small pockets here and there... makes in person gatherings pretty challenging!

--Dave

darrin1200

Darrin,

im a little closer than cornwall, about 65km north... Perth ;)

at the risk of repeating what has already been said, indeed, city centers are pretty far apart and "the center of the universe" and surrounding area probably has a decent concentration of members, but the rest of us seem to be in small pockets here and there... makes in person gatherings pretty challenging!

--Dave

Perth is a nice little town. I studied for three months at Rosewood Studios last year. I was driving back and forth everyday.

Who knows, if we can find a few more within about an hour circle, maybe we could do a BBQ get together.:party:

Top Bottom