Ontario - Interest in meeting?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Andrew_K99

This chapter isn't really that active, the size of the province sure doesn't help.

I've been meaning to try to organize something, or at least kick start something but am not sure of how many would participate.

So I ask, who would like to get together for a meeting / show and tell?

Location is to be determined but I think finding somewhere between Hamilton and Toronto might get the best turn out. Assume you'll have a bit of a drive to attend.

If response is good we'll try to get it organized!

AK

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Hi Andrew; A couple of us have discussed this subject a number of times trying to get something organized.

The venue is one problem, getting through TO is another, and as you mention the size of the province is another.

I know the WGO has a penturning group of guys. I'm sure Peter Cribari will chime in here, as will Darrin.

I tried to set a meeting up in my house about 3 - 4 years ago. 1 person showed up!

There's no reason it has to be the whole province to be a chapter. That can be broken into smaller groups.

I just returned from a 5 day WW'ing meeting in Kalamazoo MI, the requirement being a few days in a hotel etc. I don't think there's many here that would do that!

I'm game to help out. While I was conscripted to be the chapter leader many years ago, I'm willing to vote anybody else into that position!
This chapter isn't really that active, the size of the province sure doesn't help.

I've been meaning to try to organize something, or at least kick start something but am not sure of how many would participate.

So I ask, who would like to get together for a meeting / show and tell?

Location is to be determined but I think finding somewhere between Hamilton and Toronto might get the best turn out. Assume you'll have a bit of a drive to attend.

If response is good we'll try to get it organized!

AK

wood-of-1kind

Yup, TWG meets once a month at Humber College (Carrier Drive, Toronto). The 'Penspinners' which is a sub group of TWG plans meetings occasionally at the same location. I will speak with the Group Leader and advise on the next get together. Will advise as we make arrangements. New members are always welcomed.

ve3bax

id be interested...

sure, im a long way from the GTA, but my family lives down there and technically, my office is down there... so i do find myself in the area. if the dates lined up (or i could make them line up) id certainly attend.

--Dave

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
There has not been a Pen Spinners meeting notice for a while. Summer is over now and Joe will likely be organizing something.

Dave
A Saturday would suit me moreso than a week night. There would be more time for meeting each other, as well as discussing pen turning etc.

Top Bottom