Ontario, Canada Chapter call for membership

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

darrin1200

All ontario IAP members.

We are trying to setup an Ontario chapter. We have about 27 interested members, but are always looking for more. I am slowly building a map showing were everyone is loctated, so that we can more easily coordinate meetings.

You can find the map in the 17th post of this thread
http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=50650 (old version)

I am only mapping those people that express an interest in joining and participating in the chapter. If you are interested, please post in this thread. Only post once please, or it will be a nightmare to sort through. Also please update your location in your profile to include a city or town (doesn't matter how small it is, I will find it on my map)

Welcome to all

EDIT 27 Aug 10
I will update this thread with new versions of the list and map. The file name will indicate the version number.
Version 2.0

Attachments

• IAP Ontario Members Ver2.0.pdf
    461.8 KB · Views: 1,004
Last edited:

darrin1200

Ron your in

Peter your fixed

All - I have put a new Member list pdf in the first post of this thread. I will periodicly update it here by replacing the old file with a new file. The file name will have a version number.

Jumper

Pen Virgin

Hey guys! Looking to get into pen turning. Always wanted to try so have decided to finally take the plunge. I live about 100km west of Ottawa and would like to join any Forum/Club/Chapter in the Ottawa area.

Rick

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Hey guys! Looking to get into pen turning. Always wanted to try so have decided to finally take the plunge. I live about 100km west of Ottawa and would like to join any Forum/Club/Chapter in the Ottawa area.

Rick
Hi Rick; How about being a little more explicit than 100 km west of Ottawa? Your getting close to Ptbo, Marmora, Kingston, Madoc, Perth etc.

No matter, you're in!

richard

would like to join

Hi everyone. i live in Pickering just east of Toronto. Would like to join in. I have been turning pens for 3 yrs now and have not joined and local clubs yet. In fact I have not met more than 2 or 3 others who turn pens outside of suppliers

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Hi everyone. i live in Pickering just east of Toronto. Would like to join in. I have been turning pens for 3 yrs now and have not joined and local clubs yet. In fact I have not met more than 2 or 3 others who turn pens outside of suppliers
PM sent with location to meet more penturners this Sunday!

ve3bax

Hello from Perth!

I'd like to join the ontario chapter. Perth is nicely located almost exactly between ottawa and kingston and my family lives just north of toronto, so geographically i can certainly cover a fair area for any chapter meetings.

--Dave

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Hello from Perth!

I'd like to join the ontario chapter. Perth is nicely located almost exactly between ottawa and kingston and my family lives just north of toronto, so geographically i can certainly cover a fair area for any chapter meetings.

--Dave
Hi Dave; Consider yourself a full fledged member of the Ontario (not quite an official chapter) Chapter as yet!

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
very objectively, I believe that the ontario chapter should meet in Montreal. like toronto, just French!
Hi Alex; Being born in Montreal in 193_, and living there until 1948, an Ontario chapter meeting in Montreal would be just great with me. We could even invite some of our Quebecers to join us.

Sounds like a great idea, just not certain we could pull it off! Not at this time of the year at least. And if I recall correctly, Montreal isn't the most habitable place to be during the winter months.:)

Add another in Oakville.

I just found this site, and might as well put my shingle outside and say I am a pen turner. Please add me to the list.

Matt.

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I just found this site, and might as well put my shingle outside and say I am a pen turner. Please add me to the list.

Matt.
Hello Matt; You have been added to the list. Nice to see you here!

Are you familiar with the other pen site some of us Canucks and a few Yanks meet on?

PM me if you want more info!

gandsande

Hey Anyone interested in a get together? I am in Ottawa. Maybe some people are more interested that are more from the east side of ontario? any suggestions on a loccation?

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Hey Anyone interested in a get together? I am in Ottawa. Maybe some people are more interested that are more from the east side of ontario? any suggestions on a loccation?
Hi Greg; I will be working on a get together in the spring, some Saturday in Apr/May in Oshawa.

You may wish to co-ordinate something for your neck of the woods. I have seen a number of turners from the Ottawa area on IAP.

For me, and others closeby me, Ottawa is just too far to travel!

wood-of-1kind

There is a get together for the PENSPINNERS in the Ontario region. It will take place on March 19, 2011 at Humber College (Toronto, Carrier Drive location). Will advise with further details including time. All members are welcomed and there is no membership fee if you belong to a woodworking club within Ontario.

Last edited:

darrin1200

Hi Peter

Is there anyway it could be held on a weekend date such as the 17th or 18th. I really would love to atten, but that is my last week attending Rosewood Studio.

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Hi Peter

Is there anyway it could be held on a weekend date such as the 17th or 18th. I really would love to atten, but that is my last week attending Rosewood Studio.
Hi Darrin; I have a hunch it's an evening event, not a whole day. I have been known to be wrong though.

If I'm able to get something organized in Oshawa it would be on a weekend, a Saturday most probably!

wood-of-1kind

Hi Peter

Hi Darrin; I have a hunch it's an evening event, not a whole day. I have been known to be wrong though.

If I'm able to get something organized in Oshawa it would be on a weekend, a Saturday most probably!

You're not wrong Mack. :)The sessions normally last about 2-3 hours.

Darrin, I wish that I could reschedule and we would love to have you join us but unfortunately it's never easy to accomodate everyones schedule when there are so many members (25-35 folks). I will see if we can put something together on a Suturday (full day?) as the weather gets better. Would love to see a good gathering from our Ontario Penspinners.

japthom

HI,I am just getting started with pen making - still gathering tools etc. - I am a long time woodworker,but decided to add another dimention to my hobby.

John

Top Bottom