Just joined and looking forward to getting some ideas

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Scarby

Hello
Have been turning pens now for about a year now and still enjoy it very much. Would like to try and stabilize some blanks and would like to fine some Minwax Wood Hardener. Does anyone know where it can be bought in Ontario.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Falcon1220

Welcome
Rona, Home Deto, Lowes, all show on their website that they have Minwax. I have never seen it in my local stores. Maybe you will get it in Ontario. I found Minwax in a private owned store in my area. You can try Amazon

zig613

Hello
Have been turning pens now for about a year now and still enjoy it very much. Would like to try and stabilize some blanks and would like to fine some Minwax Wood Hardener. Does anyone know where it can be bought in Ontario.

Scarby,

I have tried wood hardener a few years back to stabilize some spalted punky wood. It wasn't Minwax but another brand sold in one of the local paint speciality stores here in Ottawa. The results were not the greatest... it doesn't compare to the professionally stabilized blanks you can buy from a number of pen/blank suppliers (e.g., River Ridge Products).

Wade

plano_harry

Welcome from Texas Robert! Many of us use Cactus Juice from Curtis at turntex.com. He has a full tutorial. Never tried the Minwax product. The hard part is getting it to the center of the wood. Good luck!

Harry

Top Bottom