When is our next meeting?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

HSTurning

January 9 or 16 would sounds about right but i was not there to know if one was set up. We have skipped over December due to the holidays in the past.

pensbydesign

the week of the woodworking show will be imposable, the store gets very busy. the 23rd and 30th is open or we can move it to February, any thoughts?

Padre

I think Steve should tell us what would be most convenient for him.

Padre

ALSO! I would LOVE to see a demo of:

closed end pen turning with how to use the mandrel:confused:

how to successfully turn an aluminum pen blank with NO scratches.:confused:

pensbydesign

personally i would like the 30th but I'm OK with whenever.
I would like to see a agenda for this meeting, what would people like to see for demos and who would like to volunteer for what.
we seem to have the same people doing demos, i think everyone has something to contribute,
doesn't have to be elaborate, seeing different ways to do thing is nice.
please post what members would like to see for this meeting and future meetings, maybe we can do a more structured blank swaps, or a show and tell. maybe neil will show up in that grass skirt we keep hearing about.

to get the ball rolling i will volunteer to do a finishing demo using enduro

toddlajoie

Enduro finish is a GREAT idea... Some of us were talking at the turning for troops about, and Jerry mentioned in one of the finishing threads, working with Plexitone, I've tried it a while back and had some issues, so a demo, or even just some pointers or pitfalls to watch out for would be great...

jimclewis

I am new to this site and would like to know dates & places of any meetings. I live in Newtown, CT & work in Gardner, MA.

Padre

Welcome Jim! Almost all meetings are held at the Woodcraft store in Springfield.

Padre

All of these suggestions are great:
Plexitone (how to finish, what is the right consistency)
Bullet Pens
Closed end pens/seam rippers
Enduro

All good ideas!

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
Did anyone come up with a date for the next meeting? Let me know please so I can change the dates in the sticky thread. Bah humbug

toddlajoie

The 23rd or 30th were offered by Steve, and the 23rd would work best for me, as the 30th is SWMBO's birthday (and a big one at that...) so she may not be too keen on me bolting for most of that day. And I'm sure that fact will make the 30th more attractive to everyone else... Of course, as I would just be a spectator for any of the demos offered, I would see what the preference is for those who can demo...

Top Bottom