Welcome to the New England sub-forum

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

darrylm

I'm in the southwest corner of New Hampshire & looking forward to seeing what this sub-forum brings...

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
I didn't even know there was a NH sub group.
Cool.

I'm in Claremont, got a shop over there where I indulge in this
dirty little penturning habit..

LEAP

Southern Maine but I tend to get around a lot.
Now the big question is Who is heading up this group of Uh, skilled craftsmen. and who is bringing the beer to the first gathering.

LEAP

a quick look at the map and the responses so far and it seems that the woodcraft in springfield is kind of centrally located for now. Thanks to Pensbydesign for starting that part of the ball rolling. Steve can you check what dates might be good and what dates might not? Now the big question is does anyone want to suggest a date for a gathering? I'm sure that most of us have busy schedules but with enough lead time can make something work. Do most of us prefer saturdays over sundays? Does anyone else have an idea or offer of a location? Step up folks lets hear what you would like to make of this.

clthayer

I googled it and it's less than two hours for me soooo, I guess I'm in. Phil, maybe you want to be our leader and you and pensbydesign can iron out the details?

Saturdays would be best for me.
I don't think I could make it every month so maybe 6-8 weeks between get togethers?

What does anyone else think?

LEAP

Christian,
I've got about a three hour drive but don't mind for a good cause. I'd be happy to help get this going. To quote the Beatles " with a little help from my friends" I'll drop Pensbydesign a note and see what we can come up with. Now if anybody has any suggestions or ideas please speak up. I think this could be a lot of fun and educational for everybody.

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
I wonder if the Woodcraft in Portsmouth would be interested? Might help out the Main folks, still easy for MA and southern NH/VT people. I know they're penturning fans..

LEAP

I wonder if the Woodcraft in Portsmouth would be interested? Might help out the Main folks, still easy for MA and southern NH/VT people. I know they're penturning fans..

Charlie,
It does not hurt to ask. it would be nice to have more than one option. Can I consider you as volunteered to check with them?

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
Charlie,
It does not hurt to ask. it would be nice to have more than one option. Can I consider you as volunteered to check with them?

I'll get on it. I was thinking of taking the hike out there on Sunday.
(reasonably close is still a 200 mile trek ...)
I'll report back tomorrow night.

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
OK, make that tonight, instead.
They run classes every week for different groups .. seems like Tues. is their class night. Saturdays are demos, Sundays are a possibility but they close at 5PM so we'd have to figure that in. Also, they're moving Jan 1st .. only 1/8 of a mile up the road, but that might leave more space for meetings.
Owner/manager is George Snyder (603) 433-6116 but he wasn't there tonight.

Wish I had left the credit card home .. a few extra tubes and bushings..Navigator kits .. Wall St, bottle stoppers .. MicroMesh, snakeskin blanks .. ooo .. and some nice quilted myrtle burl .. pink ivory .. ivory .. damn, there goes half a paycheck..

JerrySambrook

West Springfield

I would be interested in going, but am not sure Steve, Glenn, Tom, Robert, or the others at Woodcraft will let me in again

Hey Steve, See you this week

Jerry

ESwindell

I am interested in joining the group, however, Sundays also won't work for me, unless it were late in the afternoon as I don't get out of church until 12:30 and that is in Chester NH so if the meeting was in Springfield I couldn't get there until around 3:00. I am not sure how long you are planning the meeting lasting, but 1:00 is definitely not doable.
God Bless,
Eric

pipecrafter

Clayville, RI here. The Woodcraft in West Greenwich seems to be the meeting point for RI-based pipe makers - though I don't think they really know what to do with us since we usually meet in the parking lot because we can't smoke our pipes in the store. :)

Springfield is doable for me. It's only about 80 miles.

Top Bottom