turn for the troops 2011

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

pensbydesign

well its time for the turn for the troops again, this year its going to be two days.
this isn't going to be a official meeting this year but i would appreciate any help, post or pm me if can. if you know someone that whats to learn to turn pens send them down this will be a good opportunity and its for a good cause.

Veterans Day Weekend
Friday-Saturday
November 11-12
woodcraft 559
239a memorial ave
west Springfield, ma. 01082

thanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

toddlajoie

I can't make Friday, but I can help Saturday, after around 10AM. I can always help out ahead of time with drilling/tubing blanks if you need too.

holmqer

Local Chapter Leader
I have tickets to a play at Yale Rep on the 12th, might be able to make it for a little while after work on the 11th

pensbydesign

we are all set up ready to go, i,m heading in to get stated today. we did hear from 4 different boy scout troop asking about the event be interesting to see how many do make it.

pensbydesign

well day one is over, we had four lathes going and turned 97 pens, local boy scout troop 570 stopped buy to help. the youngest being 5 the oldest was 8, most were six. had to stack palletts and bowl blanks from the shelfs w/plywood to get them up high enouf to reach the lathe. thank to all that help out.

randyrls

Well; I'm back from turning. I turned 5 pens and helped several others turn their first pen!

The highlight of the day was a brother and sister brought in by their grandmother. The boy was 11, his sister was 9. The father is in Iraq. So we pitched in and helped them each make a pen.

Top Bottom