Today's (March 2011) Meeting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Padre

So, what happened? Who was elected what? When is the next meeting?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

LEAP

You were elected to all offices. Better get to work as they also decided to have a national symposium and you are the chairman.

Actually I'm stuck in Montreal on a job and could not make it to the meeting. I've got an almost perfect record of being out of the country when the meetings are held.

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
We'll be taking nominations in here (in the regional threads) and then
electing you at the next meeting. We all took a step backwards.

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
That came up for a vote today, Lenny.. it missed passing by ONE VOTE!!

Too bad you weren't there.. :tongue:

LEAP

There is your opportunity Lenny,
Open your own woodcraft franchise and we'll be sure to have the Maine IAP chapter there. Actually there has been a couple discussions about a Maine chapter since it is quite far for some folks to travel.

ESwindell

A friend of mine looked into opening one up here and it appears that the person that opened the Woodcraft in NH bought the territory all of NH and southern ME. I have toyed with the idea to open something over towards VT somewhere along 89 or even in the lakes area.

Lenny

We had a Woodworker's Warehouse in Bangor for a time. When they went out Western Tool took over the spot but they didn't last long either. :frown:

The Lowes and Home Depots really don't fill the needs of a woodworker, in my opinion.

Now one of these days I'll spend a $100 to fill up the gas tank in my truck and take a ride down to the other State of Maine (southern Maine), where Leap and Dana live, and check out that there Rockler store, ayuh! :):biggrin:

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
A friend of mine looked into opening one up here and it appears that the person that opened the Woodcraft in NH bought the territory all of NH and southern ME. I have toyed with the idea to open something over towards VT somewhere along 89 or even in the lakes area.

Tell him to sit tight.. whoever moved that Portsmouth store did themselves
a huge disservice.. it isn't easy for non-locals to find, and it doesn't seem
to be all that busy. I regularly drove the 100 miles to go to that store, but
once they moved, I didn't find them for a year and a half.. and now when
I think about going there it just doesn't seem worth the trouble.

Now .. 89 I would do!

HSTurning

:) Rockler Salem NH tax free.
And a bigger benifit is for me is on a bad day its 25 minutes from my house. And I only need to add 10 minutes to my drive home to stop in after work. Having a 45 minute drive to and from work adding 10 minutes is not a problem.
Bill the manager has offered to host us if we wanted to have a meeting at his store. Just need to give him a little notice and make sure he has that day open.
The 2 hours drive to the Springfield, MA meetings is starting to get old for me.

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
So I may as well add in that the old Woodcraft store in Orange, CT is going to be reopening soon as a Harbor Freight store. I would have prefered the Woodcraft stay there.

Top Bottom