So, is this group dead? No, It's not

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JerrySambrook

Not much activity in here except by a very half handful of people in a while.
Does that mean the group is defunct?

Last edited by a moderator:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

toddlajoie

Steve was going to look ahead at what the next regular date was for meetings and just make it so.. Not sure if he's looked into that or not yet.

Real

I also spoke to Steve last Saturday and he told me the same thing. He was going to try to set something up for the next meeting. Based on 3 month schedule, I believe that would be April 20th (third Sunday of the month?).

Would this be a good time/place to discuss it?

Real

toddlajoie

Just had a conversation with the wife where she let me know she may be taking the kids to Florida for April Vacation to help move her father to his sister's house. She mentioned that if they did, they would not be here for Easter, which I then found out was April 20th.

So, Long story short, April 20th is not going to work for me. Not sure if that is the case with everyone, but I'm sure it will affect at least a few others. Do we want to consider moving it 1 week either way (April 13th or 27th)? Either of those (as of now) would work for me...

Real

I didn't realize April 20th was Easter. That's typically a family holiday. I think moving it makes sense. Either date would work for me.

Real

toddlajoie

I have a conflict on the week before now, so if people want to do the 13th, I won't be able to make it... 27th is (so far) still open for my schedule, but the way things have been lately, that may change...

Real

Thanks for the reminder Jerry. Yes, it matters.

BTW I just got the e-mail from Woodcraft about the demos. Is that Steve with his arm around you in the photo?

Real

Real

The group typically meets at the West Springfield Woodcraft store in West Springfield MA. There isn't a e-mail list yet. Keep checking here for updates. Because of Easter we haven't picked a date yet for our next meeting. Hopefully that is coming.

Hope to see you at the next meeting.

Real Mercier

Flynny

Jerry

Hi - I was with Mike Souter at Totally Turning last year. Mike introduced us - I don't know if you recall.
Did you ever get a response as to whether this chapter is dead? I am interested. I live in Burlington. Let me know.
John Flynn

Real

Dead? I hope not. But definately in a coma. I think it has been a while without any activity so the group members are coming here a lot less. In the other thread "Are there any meetings planned?" only a few of us answered.

I think we need to get the word out that there is interest in restarting the group and then we can discuss a good meeting time. So, let's keep asking.

Real Mercier

vfauto

Woodcraft

You need to have everyone let Steve at woodcraft know we are still intrested.

Dead? I hope not. But definately in a coma. I think it has been a while without any activity so the group members are coming here a lot less. In the other thread "Are there any meetings planned?" only a few of us answered.

I think we need to get the word out that there is interest in restarting the group and then we can discuss a good meeting time. So, let's keep asking.

Real Mercier

Real

It has been a while since I spoke to Steve (Pensbydesign), but he has been very busy and has not been on the forum for a while. But he was interested in setting something up. I hope to see him again within the week. I'll talk to him about again and see if we can't set something up.

Real Mercier

Califo

I am new to turning but would like to start a regular meeting. Past organizers, please PM me and let's discuss. I can take lead and organize. I know new turners would like to be part and benefit from this forum and local chapters. I will also contact a local woodcraft store and see if they would host a meeting. I will keep you all posted.

NO, this group IS NOT dead. It just needs leadership.

Real

Check out the WTF???? thread. We are trying to get one going soon. Please post in that one as it would help us gage the interest.

Real Mercier

Top Bottom