segmented pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jjartwood

before I realized that I had a show commitment I prepared this pen for the July meeting,I'm sorry that I won't be there but I really did make a pen.

Attachments

• IMG_0531.jpg
    IMG_0531.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 382
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jjartwood

The pen is built using aged maple dyed with cordovan colored dye,to cut the wedge I glued a 1/2 blank to a reach stick and set my chop saw ( 7 1/2 ) to the setting that ran from
the upper corner of the blank to the bottom center and did the same on the reverse.
The saw has a lazer so it was just a matter of repeating the alignment.both pieces of wood should be the same size.
the ports are made with tubing that I picked up at a hobby shop and filled with inlace.
Turn and CA as needed

Edward Cypher

Thanks for the great discription!!!!

The pen is built using aged maple dyed with cordovan colored dye,to cut the wedge I glued a 1/2 blank to a reach stick and set my chop saw ( 7 1/2 ) to the setting that ran from
the upper corner of the blank to the bottom center and did the same on the reverse.
The saw has a lazer so it was just a matter of repeating the alignment.both pieces of wood should be the same size.
the ports are made with tubing that I picked up at a hobby shop and filled with inlace.
Turn and CA as needed

Top Bottom