Open discussion of impregnating with resion at a meeting.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DAVIDDECHRISTOPHER

Local Chapter Leader
Hi All

Years ago I used to work on very large power transformers ~15" dia. X 4" wide they operated at 200kv. We did a process in a pressurized vessel the presure was ~20psi.

What I have in mind is encapsulating organic material with artistic qualities which could be turned into pens etc.

Please comment

Dave DeChristopher

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

holmqer

Local Chapter Leader
There is frequent discussion of this in the Casting and Stabalization sub forum. I have done this in a variety of ways.

One common theme, often referred to as Worthless Wood takes wood that is solid and square and fills in the voids with colored resin.

A few of us have done various approaches to this and I'm sure we can bring a few examples to a future meeting.

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
One common theme, often referred to as Worthless Wood takes wood that is solid and square and fills in the voids with colored resin.

I'm leaning the other way .. using wood that has NO straight lines in it.
Looks more organic that way.. and probably gives a little better grip to the
resins, too.

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
David, I am already using pinecones, moss, dried peppers, beans, money, feathers, and snake skins (and some others that I can think of)in resin. What type of organics are you looking to embed?
Just so you are aware, we have already had 2 casting demos at previous meetings including one on embedding. That doesn't not mean that is done though, we will be doing some other stuff but i am waiting for the humidity to ease up a bit before we do that again.

Last edited:

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
Hey Neil,
Did you ever create a copy of the cat box one that someone else did?
I have just the customer for one of those if you have one

Jerry
No, I don't have a cat and my wife would kill me if I was to use her tongs for that anyways. If you have some that you want done, I will do it but it will have to be prepared for me first.

Top Bottom