officer elections new england chapter

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

pensbydesign

its that time again, we need nominees / volunteers for officer elections. We are looking for new blood so please don't nominate current officers for the same office.
current officers are Neil, Alton, Charlie, Steve, or Eric

so please post nominees hear and we will vote when we have a good selection

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
We are looking at the option of 3 officer positions as opposed to the 5 we have now. I would like to see someone volunteer for a position so I know that they want to help keep this chapter going, it is not a lot of hard work and does not require more than 30 minutes of thinking every 2 months.

pensbydesign

well I'll be the first to volunteer for VP or co-chair,
with that said i willing to help out with what needs to be done,

any thoughts on what we need for officers?

what direction do members what the group to move in?

what do you what to do at the meetings and what are you willing to do?

i think a discussion on theses questions is needed if we are to continue

who's next.

holmqer

Local Chapter Leader
I would like to see demonstrations being done at each meeting, and would be happy to do them occasionally. The problem is we don't seem to get a good list of demo requests. We should be able to have a new demo or two every meeting.

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
I have done a lot of thinking about this and I see a person that I would like to nominate for a leadership position. This man has shown a lot of interest in the group and in the people in the group, he has the ability to speak his mind and to keep others engaged in a conversation. He is active on the forum and with the chapter already, I feel he will be a good leader and is already a good member. If he is willing to take a step forward and help with the leadership of this chapter, I would like to nominate Chip AKA Padre.

Chip, there is no pressure and if you feel that this is not for you or this would interfer with that other thing you have going on, please let me know and I will withdraw your name from this.

Last edited:

toddlajoie

I think Chip and Neil are both great for suggestions for new leadership. I'm relatively new to the group, but I'd be willing to take a supportive or lower roll in this if one exists.

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
I think Chip and Neil are both great for suggestions for new leadership. I'm relatively new to the group, but I'd be willing to take a supportive or lower roll in this if one exists.
Todd, you are aware that I have been the chapter prez for the past 2 years and am not up for any office at this time but will continue to help out in an advisory position.

Gin N' Tonic

May I make a suggestion?

I've not been involved in the New England chapter in a while but I have thought about attending a meeting or two in the near future.

My suggestion is.......

Perhaps the current officers could take a moment to write down what is involved in the position? That way some folks who are thinking of volunteering would have a good idea of what is expected.

To be clear, I would not volunteer for an office because I would not be able to make the required commitment at this time but I would like to see the New England chapter continue.

pensbydesign

i think we do need to deiced what we need for officers before we can elect them, if that's not of topic :)
now we have 5, 3 should be plenty

chair

co-chair

c0-c0-chair?

greenmtnguy

Local Chapter Leader
I think 3 would be plenty. Probably could do with 2 as long as those 2 communicate with each other to make sure 1 or the other would be there to run the meeting.

toddlajoie

Todd, you are aware that I have been the chapter prez for the past 2 years and am not up for any office at this time but will continue to help out in an advisory position.

DOH!! Thinking Steve, typing Neil.. You two are pretty interchangeable anyway....:eek:

Padre

I accept Neil's nomination for President, and I thank him for his kind words.

I also would like to 2nd Steve Rice as Vice-President, Real Mercier as Secretary and nominate Todd Lajoie for Treasurer.

I would also like to thank Neil, Alton, Charlie, Steve and Eric for JOB WELL DONE. You guys have been interesting, inviting, welcoming and supportive. Thank you for all of your hard work.

And please STICK AROUND.

Last edited:

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
Perhaps the current officers could take a moment to write down what is involved in the position? That way some folks who are thinking of volunteering would have a good idea of what is expected.
I agree that this may be a good idea to help the new officers understand what we have attempted to do and what it takes to do it. I also feel on the otherhand, letting the new officers run free will allow the group to evolve and not put the feeling of restraints on a new officer.

Sort of said nothing here really, I guess I am turning into a politition.

toddlajoie

I also would like to 2nd Steve Rice as Vice-President, Real Mercier as Secretary and nominate Todd Lajoie for Treasurer.

You have met me, right??? I can't tell the difference between Steve and Neil, and you want to trust me with the money??!?!?!?!:wink:

pensbydesign

I agree that this may be a good idea to help the new officers understand what we have attempted to do and what it takes to do it. I also feel on the otherhand, letting the new officers run free will allow the group to evolve and not put the feeling of restraints on a new officer.

Sort of said nothing here really, I guess I am turning into a politition.[/QUOTE]

would like to see a finalization of what we need for officers and what they will be doing so we can move forward.

greenmtnguy

Local Chapter Leader
I don't see a need for a secretary as we have no written documents and we do not record the meetings. I personally do not want the chapter to get that formal, but if the new officers see a need for a secretary, that would be up to them to do as they choose. Sounds like we would be in capable management.

Top Bottom