THE NEXT MEETING WILL BE!!!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

pappy531

How can I join IAP? Can I show up to the next meeting in May? I found this site a while ago and have been unable to attend a meetining until now. I am from Leicester, MA. just outside of Worcester. Hopefully I will see you in May.

Mike Pappas

pensbydesign

just as long as:
1) YOU ain't modelling
2) Steve ain't modelling
3) Charlie ain't modelling
4) I SURE AS HECK ain't modelling

to bad i was going to wear clean underwear and everthing

greenmtnguy

Local Chapter Leader
I think we can get shrapnel to go 600 ft. This will be momentous. Never mind what that means Jerry. You will know soon enough. Rubs hands together in excitement.

toddlajoie

Anything special we need to do or bring for tomorrow? Stuff to Turn? Stuff to Turn Said Stuff With?, Stuff to Show Off? Food, Cash for Food, Oil for Food or Will Work for Food?

If anyone has any samples of Jr Gent pens, I'd appreciate taking a look at them. I've never seen one knowing what it was and was thinking of adding it to the list of stuff I can make. Also interested in people's opinions on postable vs non-postable versions.

I'd like to ask anyone who has anything they use for taking photos, pen stands, props, IIRC Neil said he had a tent, etc. I'll be bringing an array of photo stuff, but since I'm new to turning, I don't have much stuff specific to pen photos, and the more stuff we have to play with, the less we'll have to talk to Jerry...

pappy531

Sorry,
i can't make this months meeting, I'll be leaving for vacation that weekend. See you at the next one. Also, any suggestions on how to cut up a bowling ball? i just received 3 bowling balls and I have heard that they make great pen blanks or filler pieces. I should get enough blanks to share.

Pappy

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
Sorry,
i can't make this months meeting, I'll be leaving for vacation that weekend. See you at the next one. Also, any suggestions on how to cut up a bowling ball? i just received 3 bowling balls and I have heard that they make great pen blanks or filler pieces. I should get enough blanks to share.

Pappy
Get the saw running full speed and try for a strike.

pensbydesign

welcome Andrew, we usually meet in west Springfield ma at woodcraft, every other month 3rd Sunday 11 to 4. i believe we are meeting in may but see its posted with a lot of ???
hope to get a definite date soon

Andrewsignore

thanks for telling me ill keep checking to make sure of the def date thanks for being inviting aswell and when i do go should i bring my case with pens to show what ive made

Andrewsignore

Sorry,

Pappy
resaw on the band saw then lay the flat side down and i would cut them on my radial arm saw

pfde4

New to IAP, and turning. I will try to make if work does not interfere. Looking forward to the ride and meeting other turners.

Jjartwood

May meeting pen challenge

Looking forward to the may meeting,
SOooo if I got this right,it's something you wear and/or could wear,no wood or
plastic,lets see, flesh is out(it started to stink about day 3)tattoo's are out
( people have been kind of reluctant to give them up) of corse bone has been overdone,and is to easy a choice,I thought about precious metals but I had
visions of spooky Gloria's face when she caught me melting down her jewelry.
Maybe had I not embraced the 60's lifestyle with such determination I could think of something more than wrapping string around a tube and CA'ing the crap out of it.
Although,if it's ugly enough,Ill just tell people that it's modern art and it's not
easy being simplistically utilitarian on a primal level devoid of modern man's need to compensate.
It's a darn pen
Mark:peace:

toddlajoie

I'll be there, Haven't had a chance to make a successful challenge pen yet, been swamped at work, but who knows, maybe something will fall together by then.

pensbydesign

meeting time coming up soon haven't heard any one who would like to show a quick demo of how they do there finish, i will prep a few blanks hoping there will be some takers.

toddlajoie

Fastest finish I have available is the Hut Sticks... I'll prep an appropriate blank (IMO. they are a good finish for the right woods...) and can show those...

I'd offer to do CA, but mine usually takes a few days, so I don't think most people will hang around...

Top Bottom