next meeting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

pensbydesign

posting to see when people would like to set up a meeting.

Sept is the big e and would be hard to get to the store we could move it earlier in the month

Nov is the turn for the troops traditionally is our meeting

looking for opinions and suggestions

we also need to talk about a demo for the meeting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jlaviolette

I just joined this site today but I'd be interested in going to a meeting. My wife and I just started turning pens and are addicts. Where are the meetings held?

greenmtnguy

Local Chapter Leader
The meetings are held at the Woodcraft store in Springfield Mass. We meet every other month. This month is tricky because of the Big E fair. Watch this forum for the date. Steve, just set a date and it will happen.

toddlajoie

I'll throw out that the Big E dates are Sept. 14th thru 30th, so if we want to keep the meeting in September, that would make the 9th the most likely choice (the 2nd being labor day weekend). Otherwise we would need to push it back to October.

Anyone have a huge objection to Sept 9th?

jlaviolette, just to clarify what Alton (greenmtnguy) said, the Woodcraft store we typically meet at is technically in West Springfield right near the Memorial Bridge.

Last edited:

jlaviolette

Oh, nice. I'm in Agawam and that is really close by. In fact my wife and I are in there a few times a week buying pen supplies lately. She is a complete addict and has turned over 50 pens and a bunch of other small projects in the past 2 weeks.
Depending on the times, September 9th would be ok for me. I am on-call starting at 9pm though.

toddlajoie

Oh, nice. I'm in Agawam and that is really close by. In fact my wife and I are in there a few times a week buying pen supplies lately. She is a complete addict and has turned over 50 pens and a bunch of other small projects in the past 2 weeks.
Depending on the times, September 9th would be ok for me. I am on-call starting at 9pm though.

Only a few times a week? I guess you're not really serious about turning pens....:biggrin:

vfauto

Sept Meeting

:good:
Hi Steve, the 9th sounds good to me.

Thanks Frank

Last edited:

holmqer

Local Chapter Leader
Not totally decided yet if we will have a booth, but if Central CT Woodturners has a booth at the Hebron Harvest Fair, I'll be demoing all day on the 9th

Jjartwood

$100 a trip? It cost $100 to park in the lot over there for some reason,I figure that if I spend any more time at that place the city of WestSpringfield will let me vote there!
I think that it's a conspiracy of happenstance that there is always 1 thing that you have to go back for. There's another c note for a .50 cent piece! And when you enter the place their not smiling at you,their laughing like the cisco kid holding up an orphanage at gun point for their communion money.

And yes I keep going back, where else can you have that much fun ?
and all for only a weeks pay.
wadda deal!!!

holmqer

Local Chapter Leader
CCW will not have a booth at Hebron Harvest Fair, so I'll go see Binh Pho demo on Saturday and IAP meeting on Sunday

toddlajoie

So it looks like we have Steve, Eric, Alton ( and associates??? ), Real, Frank, Joe, and myself, and probably a few other lurkers. Anyone else either chime in or just show up....

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
So it looks like we have Steve, Eric, Alton ( and associates??? ), Real, Frank, Joe, and myself, and probably a few other lurkers. Anyone else either chime in or just show up....

If Alton is going, I'm there too. Haven't missed one yet. (Alton did.. he was
supposed to do a demo so he wimped out and had heart surgery instead.)
Last minute.. I'd better go do today that which I was going to put off
till tomorrow

If Neil is coming, I'll bring stones..

pensbydesign

yes we will meet tomorrow noonish i will be hear but working so todd will take the lead we still need something to do. anyone up to help out a demo or something. or we can just hang out shoot the **** and show of our pens.

and throw stones of course

Top Bottom