New England Chapter March Meeting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
New England Chapter January Meeting

The weather was a bit rough today and we didn't have the attendance that we would have if it was not snowing, the meeting today was a good one though. We had a great CA finish demo by Alton (greenmntguy) and a lot of blanks were traded. The best thing was that we collected 23 pens to be donated to the USMC in memory of Johnnie AKA Jarheaded who passed away last October. He would have been proud of all those that gave and all those that will give in the future. I was touched deeply by the generous actions of those in the group and have decided to match the pens that were donated today. So the new total for pens collected today is at 46. Anyone that wishes to still make a pen and add it to the group is welcome to do so and I will hold off for a few weeks before shipping them to Iraq. I really want to thank all of those that gave in memory of a deeply missed brother and friend.

Attachments

• IMG_1417.jpg
    IMG_1417.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_1421.jpg
    IMG_1421.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 184
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
I was touched deeply by the generous actions of those in the group and have decided to match the pens that were donated today. So the new total for pens collected today is at 46. Anyone that wishes to still make a pen and add it to the group is welcome to do so and I will hold off for a few weeks before shipping them to Iraq. I really want to thank all of those that gave in memory of a deeply missed brother and friend.

That seems like a lot of expense for you. I haven't had much time to turn
anything lately, but I can come up with a few more. and if someone else
has time and feels like turning, I can kick in some kits and blanks, too.
PM me with an address and I'll send some out. I've even got some rhodium
and gold jr. gents.

It was good to see some new faces as well as see some repeats from the
last meeting. Funny, it almost felt like seeing old friends, even though I've
only met most of you once before. I enjoyed meeting people at the first
meeting so much that the snow wasn't keeping me away from this one.
Not too many groups I feel that way about..

Looking forward to March.. do we have an itinerary yet? :tongue:

LEAP

Sounds like a succesful meeting, Wish I could have been there. I've got the cards all made up and in an envelope they will be headed your way tomorrow. One more example of what a great group we belong to.

Firefyter-emt

Yea Phil, it cleared up about the time I hit the Mass line (not sure how it was northern though. I took all back roads so it took me about half an hour longer, but I did not have to get on the highways. The Jeep is much better suited to long back road drives than an hour on the highway! :befuddled:

I had a great time and Charlie (NewLondon88) blew me away with an awesome framed photo of that metal lathe photo I was looking to "just be cleaned up" a while back! Stunning, simply stunning!

LEAP

We got well over a foot up here, I'm taking a break from cleaning up right now. It did not stop snowing until after 8 pm. That Charlie is one heck of a nice guy. He gave me a beautiful truestone blank then sent me some stone blanks to try out. I've done some drilling on the stone but nothing turned so far. Hope to have something done before the next gathering. See you all March 15 or so Hopefully the snow stops by then.

HSTurning

I need to get a few together. I felt bad showing up empty handed. Just need to get the shop cleaned up and get back to turning.

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
Sorry everyone, I meant the January meeting not March. I guess I am just a bit tired of winter already and was hoping it was almost over.

Top Bottom