New England chapter first meeting is on!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
M

Mudder

For anyone who might be interested.... I'll have a sierra pencil conversion and a regular sierra with me so if you guys would like, I can give a short presentation and show you the finer points of the conversion and give you a couple of tips to make it easier if you should decide that you would like to try one.

LEAP

Mudder,
consider yourself as the key note speaker. Thanks for volunteering I would very much like to see how you do the conversion and am sure others will as well.

M

Mudder

What a great day!

Just got home from the first meeting of the New England Chapter and I have to say I had a terrific time!

Hat's off to Steve (Pensbydesign) for hosting the event. I had a great time meeting and talking with all of the folks who attended and I hope that some of the folks who took pictures will post them.

We'll have to start talking about the next meeting. Neil and I carpooled up to this one and if some of you folks over in New York State would like to drive to Waterbury Ct (the intersection of I 84 and Rt 8) we should be able squeeze in another person or two.

Firefyter-emt

It was a great time indeed! The pencil conversion was some great info, I love seeing the mods out of the norm.

The crew at Woodcraft was great and did not hover over us every second and allowed us to have a great get togather almost like we were family. When we left, it looked like the Woodcraft guy was going to work on one of those coffee blanks tonight. He seemed very happy with them. (I am too, I can't wait to use the one I recieved!)

I wish I had a nice lookin sander mill to bring along with me, it was a last minute thing to grab my own "prototype" and toss it in with the pen blanks. Next time I will bring a couple in diffrent stages so you guys can check them out and give them a try too. I will make sure to bring some blanks with a nice over flow of CA and some "end hoppers" too.

Oh and thanks again to all the guys who set it up and to Phil who carted my butt out there so I did not arrive as a block of ice in my Jeep!

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
Thanks to Woodcraft for putting up with us!

The first one is under our belt, we got the 'meet & greet' out of the way.
Next one will likely be more hands-on and less like the bunch of us standing
at the wall wondering who was going to be the first to have to ask a
girl to square dance in gym class.. :biggrin: I don't think most of us had met
before, but it was a nice place for a meeting and a great bunch of people
to spend a Sunday afternoon with.

And if you didn't make it to this one, let's see you at the next one!
You missed a good time.

Looking forward to more of these

ps.. Alton, you left your firewood in the back seat.:biggrin:

DSCF0496.jpg

DSCF0497.jpg

DSCF0498.jpg

DSCF0499.jpg

DSCF0500.jpg

DSCF0502.jpg

DSCF0504.jpg

DSCF0505.jpg

DSCF0506.jpg

Just wanted to drop in and say it was great meeting all of you. Unfortunately I could not stay long because of work. I am looking forward to meeting all of you guys again. It was great hanging out with fellow pen turners! Stay Safe, Turner.

Top Bottom