In need of a full size lathe

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Pen&FishingCT

Hey guys,now im in need of a lathe badly,full size lathe a Jet,or nova(not the dvr)looked at Shop Fox(anyone knows anything about them)??
If anyone of you want to sell or know anyone who want to sell let me jnow please. Im in wethersfield, CT.
Dave
:wink:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rifleman1776

Don't understand the "badly" part. Just buy one if you need one.
Take your pick. Good selection out there. Mine is a Grizzly and I am delighted with it. It is my second Grizzly.
What is your budget?

Pen&FishingCT

Don't understand the "badly" part. Just buy one if you need one.
Take your pick. Good selection out there. Mine is a Grizzly and I am delighted with it. It is my second Grizzly.
What is your budget?
trying to save on the buck. but my budget i would say it would be 1k no more than 1300.was looking on the grizzly too.can you post a pic of yours please? i just sold mine and i can't be without a lathe.

Rifleman1776

any Feedback on Grizzly or Jet?
thank you guys.
D.

Here is a link to mine:
G0632 16" x 42" Variable Speed Wood Lathe
They actually have a model with more features than this one and at less cost. Of course, they introduced it about one minute after mine was off the truck.
The Jet vs. Grizzly debate is old-old. Searching here will bring up much.
Essentially, they are nearly identical. I researched this carefully before buying mine. I won't go into the details. But will say, except for a couple tiny nit-picky features, I am delighted with the 0632.

bitshird

Hey guys,now im in need of a lathe badly,full size lathe a Jet,or nova(not the dvr)looked at Shop Fox(anyone knows anything about them)??
If anyone of you want to sell or know anyone who want to sell let me jnow please. Im in wethersfield, CT.
Dave
:wink:

I have the Shop Fox 1752 16 x 42 DON'T DO IT spend the extra money, for a jet. the lathe eats belts, the reeves drive sucks, I had to re drill the motor mounting holes in the motor mount casting and move the locating pin holes as well. Their customer service is horrible.
On a plus side it does have sufficient power, , also the tail stock is pretty bad, very poorly threaded and the guide notch is far too shallow and the wall thickness stops any chance of milling it deeper, full projection on mine is 1-3/4 inch.
It also has a fair weight for out of balance turning, though while at the shop it was lag bolted to the floor.
Grizzly may be better, but as far as I can tell they are exactly the same other than color and name.

The 0632 grizzly is supposed to be a good machine, it would be nice with a bit more Hp. BUT EVS is a great low RPM compensator. just stay away from a lathe that size with Reeves drives. Far too dangerous with a low speed of 600 RPM.

Last edited:

Pen&FishingCT

any Feedback on Grizzly or Jet?
thank you guys.
D.

Here is a link to mine:
G0632 16" x 42" Variable Speed Wood Lathe
They actually have a model with more features than this one and at less cost. Of course, they introduced it about one minute after mine was off the truck.
The Jet vs. Grizzly debate is old-old. Searching here will bring up much.
Essentially, they are nearly identical. I researched this carefully before buying mine. I won't go into the details. But will say, except for a couple tiny nit-picky features, I am delighted with the 0632.
Good info,thank you guys.
Dave

Pen&FishingCT

G0733 Heavy Duty Wood Lathe 18" x 47"

are you talking about this one?sorry for asking too many questions.

Now, I can't say with certainty. This may be a new-new model. I'm pretty sure the one I was referring to was a 16" digital EVS with more power, and other features, than the 0632 but sold for about $1,200.00. Hard to keep up.
ok thank you very much.
i will be pulling the trigger next week.will decide if the grizzly or the jet will make the fit.
thank you for the advice.

Top Bottom