Meeting May 17

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

babyblues

This is true. It makes the New Hampshire people very nervous.
They keep threatening to send me back to Maine.

Well, with all the weirdos here in Maine, I'm not sure anyone would notice. For goodness sake, we have a woman in town that they call "Crazy Mary" because she walks around having shouting matches with sign posts and telephone poles. That's a true story.

LEAP

Well It looks like I'll be in St John, New Brunswick on Sunday. Damn ship got delayed due to weather. Sissies dont want to tie up the ship in 40 knot winds, can't imagine why. anyways got to take the work when it comes. Have fun and post some pictures.

Neil, if you can send me your address again I'll get the pens for the troops in the mail. They have been sitting on my desk for about three months now.

PM sent, thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
Well, with all the weirdos here in Maine, I'm not sure anyone would notice. For goodness sake, we have a woman in town that they call "Crazy Mary" because she walks around having shouting matches with sign posts and telephone poles. That's a true story.
That's funny, not just what is happening, but we have a lady on our street that we call Crazy Mary and she does the same thing. She even went so far one day as to come over and threaten to have her son kill me because my dog peed on her lawn. I felt bad for her, she doesn't have any kids. This lady cuts her lawn 3 times a week and all summer long she digs up a 10 foot by 10 foot section of her lawn and replaces it. She has done her whole lawn over about 10 times that I know of. You should see her in the winter when she chases the snow plows with a shovel yelling at them.

babyblues

Not a true Mainer?
Why? because she abandoned us instead of eating us? :tongue:

LOL! No, there's a joke in ME that if you were born out of state you'll always be "from away" no matter how much of your life you spend in ME. You're only a true Mainer if you were born in the state. You could be born in a car heading north on I95 in NH 10ft from the border of ME and live in ME your whole life and you'd still be "from away". Conversely, you could be born in a car heading south on I95 in ME 10ft from the border of NH and live in NH your whole life and you'd still be a Mainer. Whether you want to be a Mainer or not is another story, lol.

LEAP

Naw Babyblues, Your only a Mainer if your grandfather was born in Maine! Especially if you live along the coast north of Freeport. Some of those folks are still fighting the French and Indian War.

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
Naw Babyblues, Your only a Mainer if your grandfather was born in Maine! Especially if you live along the coast north of Freeport. Some of those folks are still fighting the French and Indian War.
When did France go to war with India?

Lenny

LOL! No, there's a joke in ME that if you were born out of state you'll always be "from away" no matter how much of your life you spend in ME. You're only a true Mainer if you were born in the state. You could be born in a car heading north on I95 in NH 10ft from the border of ME and live in ME your whole life and you'd still be "from away". Conversely, you could be born in a car heading south on I95 in ME 10ft from the border of NH and live in NH your whole life and you'd still be a Mainer. Whether you want to be a Mainer or not is another story, lol.

Depends intirely on whether the car had a Maine license plate or not, and even then it must have a Perry's Nut House bumper sticker as well.

Lenny (from Maine, not a transplant nor a flatlander) ;0)

babyblues

Phew! I think my grandfather's grandfather was born in Maine...on my mother's side at least. Do I need a patience of nobility on both sides?

babyblues

Depends intirely on whether the car had a Maine license plate or not, and even then it must have a Perry's Nut House bumper sticker as well.

Lenny (from Maine, not a transplant nor a flatlander) ;0)

Bumper sticker? Never heard of it. I think you mean bumpah stickah. We don't have bumper stickers here. :biggrin:

JerrySambrook

Ya'll fergot about red dogs and brown bread with beans for saturday supper

(born in Searsport, spent MUCH time in Oxford, Lewiston, South Paris)

My great aunt was born in Mass because that was where her father was stationed during the Spanish American war. Moved to Lewiston when she was less than a week old so the family could help care while my great uncle went off to fight. She died at 98 years old, having never left the state again for more than 1 week at a time.

Her Obit: "Although not a native, Lilla spent most of her life here"

Honest to god!

Jerry

JerrySambrook

There were also "soused clams" to be eaten by the mason jar full.

The one thing that Main should have let die is Moxie though.

By the way, What is the difference between a Mainer and a Mainiac?

A Mainer spends only one winter in Maine

Once again, just my .02

babyblues

Ah, yes. My mother still makes baked beans almost every Saturday. I actually liked them alot. Still do. Not Bushes or B&M, those are nasty. The B&M Bean factory is here in Portland, ME.

Red hotdogs are everywhere up here. Once I realized what actually goes into hotdogs...I stopped eating them.

Moxie is the most disgusting thing every created for human consumption. Ack!!! I had it once as a kid and never touched the stuff since.

Lenny

Ya'll fergot about red dogs and brown bread with beans for saturday supper

(born in Searsport, spent MUCH time in Oxford, Lewiston, South Paris)

Jerry, how long did you live in Searsport ? What years ?

Knew Sambrooks on Nichols Street and out by the Porter Road ... ???

I've been asked if I have lived here my whole life and I'm happy to say "Not Yet" !!!

Lenny

Never would do the baked beans and brown bread, although it was there every Saturday night just like Lawrence Welk. Didn't mind the hot dogs though.

clthayer

I thought they hunted you down with torches and pitchforks if you said that in Vermont.

You need to ask Charles how much he LOVES maple syrup.:wink:

Oh yes, maple syrup is sacred in VT. Funny thing, I had an inkeeper in Maine try to tell me how they made the real stuff up there.

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
Never would do the baked beans and brown bread, although it was there every Saturday night just like Lawrence Welk. Didn't mind the hot dogs though.

Ah.. you were from one of those bad families who didn't eat everything
put on their plate. Did you ever go to hell like my mom told us? :confused:

LEAP

Or better yet did you ever tell your mom to go ahead and send the food you didn't like to the starving people in Africa. That's something most of us only try once.

Lenny

Or better yet did you ever tell your mom to go ahead and send the food you didn't like to the starving people in Africa. That's something most of us only try once.

Yeah, I kinda remember something like that .... but I think it's a memory that's been repressed. Probably just as well. =0)

babyblues

You need to ask Charles how much he LOVES maple syrup.:wink:

Oh yes, maple syrup is sacred in VT. Funny thing, I had an inkeeper in Maine try to tell me how they made the real stuff up there.

As in he didn't know that you knew how the real stuff is made or they don't really make the real stuff in Maine too? Choose your words carefully. My father makes the real stuff as good as any from the VT. And I've tasted both. Eyuh, wicked good!

JerrySambrook

[QUOTE Eyuh, wicked good![/QUOTE]

Sorry, but the term wicked did come from Boston first.

And yeah, tell them to send it to the starving children in Africa, lands you nothing good to eat for a month. You actually look forward to Codfish Cakes and Spaghetti-os

clthayer

As in he didn't know that you knew how the real stuff is made or they don't really make the real stuff in Maine too? Choose your words carefully. My father makes the real stuff as good as any from the VT. And I've tasted both. Eyuh, wicked good!

Chill buddy, I jest.

Kinda like saying my team is better than yours or my car is better than yours.

No offense intended.

Top Bottom