May meeting- 17th

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

greenmtnguy

Local Chapter Leader
The May meeting is on the 17th- 1 pm blank swap and get acquainted and demos following at Woodcraft in W. Springfield Mass. Scheduled for this meeting are 2 demos. Neil-wolftat is doing a casting demo and Eric- holmger is doing a captured ring demo. We are always looking for ideas for demos. If there is anything you wanted to see, post it here and we'll find a volunteer. See you there on the 17th of May.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
Thanks Alton. I have started to post the meetings on the calendar and will continue to do so. To look at what will be going on for that meeting, just click on the event.

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
I'll be there.. bringing more EOS and soapstone, maybe some blanks, too.
I'll try to cut up the EOS into more manageable chunks this time.
I'll also bring a tripod and video the demos.

So whoever is doing the demos... wear your Sunday Best.. heh heh heh

And (as usual) if you don't have a name tag, or want a new one (maybe you've added
an avatar?) let me know and I'll make one

purplehaze

Trades

I just wanted to say I am looking forward to the next meeting and the demos.
I would also like to encourage more people to bring blanks to trade. I can bring spalted Cherry, spalted Maple, Cherry burl and some crotch wood that I think is Oak.
The oak tree was cut down well before I bought my house some 14 years ago. I don't know if the blanks are unique or not but after I cut away the outer layers I found some great blanks inside. Two are coated with a little thin CA to show what the finished color would be. Post or pm me if you are interested in trading for these blanks and I will bring some.
DSC03653.jpg

DSC03651.jpg

DSC03648.jpg

holmqer

Local Chapter Leader
I am looking forward to the meeting. For my demo, I plan to show two basic ways of making captured rings, first using conventional turning tools (Roughing Gouge, Parting Tool, Spindle Gouge and Skew), pointing out the challanges that method poses to some designs, then showing how to make a DIY captive ring tool and demoing its use.

If someone happens to have a commercial captive ring tool, feel free to bring it along and we can compare it to my homemade ring tool that cost less than $5.

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
If someone happens to have a commercial captive ring tool, feel free to bring it along and we can compare it to my homemade ring tool that cost less than $5.

I bought one about a year ago, but have never tried it. I stopped in to see
a friend on the way home from the store and he borrowed it. I never even
got it out of the package. He's bringing it back, so I'll bring it along to the
meeting.

Top Bottom