Massachusettes Meeting??

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Califo

Hi everyone, been away from the forum for a while and just getting back to pen turning after a dreadful busy season at work. I would like to be part of another chapter meeting. Last meeting was great and was glad to meet some of you.

Cheers

Real

The craft fair season is upon us. My wife and I are pretty booked between now and Christmas. If we want to consider the beginning of the year, I would be happy to open up my shop as a meeting point again.

If that works, let's start talking about things to do.

Real Mercier

Flynny

Count me in for a January meeting. If Real Mercier doesn't mind, West Springfield sounds pretty central. As someone said lets keep this thread going.

Hope to see everyone soon.
John Flynn
Burlington, MA

tjseagrove

I live a couple hours away in NY and would travel over some Saturday if that is arranged. Would be interesting to get together with some other Pen Turners and learn a few things. Everyone bring a box of items to barter and trade????

Real

I ran into Todd Lajoie a the woodworking last weekend. He said he had not been on the site for a while. I told him this thread and to join in.

Anyway, my shop is still open, as are my dates. Let's start throwing some dates around, and some suggestions as to what we want to see and do.

Real Mercier

vfauto

I ran into Todd Lajoie a the woodworking last weekend. He said he had not been on the site for a while. I told him this thread and to join in.

Anyway, my shop is still open, as are my dates. Let's start throwing some dates around, and some suggestions as to what we want to see and do.

Real Mercier

Sounds good Real maybe you should throw the dates out sense it is your shop!
Pen making with cnc would be a neat topic????

Real

Sundays would work best for me, but Saturday could be open. February and March are open for now.

Frank: Pen making with a CNC? Can you be little more specific?

Real Mercier

vfauto

Sundays would work best for me, but Saturday could be open. February and March are open for now.

Real Mercier

I have not made a pen in almost a year, but when I did, I had been doing them on a CNC 5 axis wood mill by Legacy. I was looking to see if anyone else has been doing the same so we could use that as a topic?

metromack

Well it's been a long time since i've been on this site and even longer since i've been
to a meeting! I'm just getting back into turning and i'd like to see what I have been
missing the past few years. Any demos would be fine with me.

bloodhound

how about maybe a list of people who may be interested in going. There only seems to be like 4 people who respond to the thread. I would probably still go. but if there are only 4 people there is it worth the time/drive. just a thought.

vfauto

how about maybe a list of people who may be interested in going. There only seems to be like 4 people who respond to the thread. I would probably still go. but if there are only 4 people there is it worth the time/drive. just a thought.

I have a couple of trips in Feb and Mar but if it is on a date I am here I will join you.

Real

Let's start with this. March 6, 2016. Alternate March 13.
What do we want to see? I believe Neil offered to do his 360 herringbone demo which I think is awesome. Anything else?

Real

bloodhound

i know it is a simple thing to most. but i would like a quick sharpening instruction. and maybe blank pouring? I have the pot and compressor but i am a hands on person. i would like to see one done. my two cents.

tjseagrove

Real Mercier

I have not made a pen in almost a year, but when I did, I had been doing them on a CNC 5 axis wood mill by Legacy. I was looking to see if anyone else has been doing the same so we could use that as a topic?

Have looked at Legacy CNC before. Nice machines.

Real

OK. I see one for March 6, and one not. I see a couple of requests fro casting. Again I see Neil as the best person for that. Hopefully he chimes in and says he is available.

Let's keep this discussion going. We'll narrow it down.

Real

metromack

Any of those dates work for me. As for demos anything that has been mentioned sounds good . I'll sweeten the pot i'll buy the coffee and donuts !

Top Bottom