March Meeting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Real

If I remember corrrectly, the March meeting was set for the 13th. I guess I will be the fiirst to ask. What is on tap for the meeting?

Real

JerrySambrook

If the meeting is set for March 13th, you are the first to bring it up.

And Since you so nicely volunteered to ask about what is the topic. It is whatever YOU come up with.:biggrin:

pensbydesign

this one came up quick, we need to put something together. is there anyone who would like to do a demo.
Neil had mentioned at the last meeting we needed volunteers for officers haven't seen any yet.
at past meeting we had been given pen blanks by different vendors to try out, maybe at this meeting we can show and tell what we did with these, or we can show what we made from what we learned at some of the demos we had in the past.
also please post if your going to be here.

Padre

I would love to see it on the 20th. ANd I would be glad to do a demo of a stabilizing chamber with the stabilization of buckeye burl blanks. As long as I have access to a compressor that is. And as long as it's on the 20th that is. 13th is my wife's birthday.

Real

Well, Mathieu is the turner and most of what we learned comes from you guys. So us teaching you something is the choir preaching to the minister.

However, I can offer this. I do have a laser and would be willing to a demo on its capabilities. But although it is portable, I do not want to pack it up for transport. I would also need a dust collector and a compressor, both of which I already have at the shop. Fortunately I am literally 2 minutes away from the Woodcraft store and can accomodate everybody in the shop. I know there are others who have lasers and we can share our knowledge.

If this is interesting, let me know what you would like to see the laser do and I will try to set it up. I have been asked in the past if I would do a laser demo.

And if Padre can make it, we can use the shop compressor for the stabilization demo.

Real

pensbydesign

Well, Mathieu is the turner and most of what we learned comes from you guys. So us teaching you something is the choir preaching to the minister.

there seems to be many "choir" and few "preachers", I think we all have something to offer to
the group no matter what your experience,and hope nobody feels this way.
That's why i suggested above, that members can bring in blanks that have been given to the group by some of the venders here to see and hear what they did with them, how they work, share any problem or tips ether good or bad we all can learn from. It can be a chance for all to participate in the meeting and anyone who may not done this before can learn from.

ESwindell

I am still holding out hoping for Saturdays as I have other commitments on Sundays, thus if I am able to come I end up showing up at the end of the meeting and drive for 2 hrs (each way) for about a hour +/- to see everyone but I have missed all of the demos.
God Bless,
Eric

pensbydesign

the meeting was posted to be on the 13th 11 to 4 we usually have it on the third Sunday of the month but it was decided to be held for the 13th. I think there might be people who don't
relies this so pass it around i would like to see a good turnout.

holmqer

Local Chapter Leader
Unfortunately I won't make this meeting. I have tickets to Hartford Stage for the 13th.

Padre

Sorry, I can't make it on the 13th. It's my wife's birthday. Any chance of going to the 20th?

toddlajoie

I'll make either day. The Wednesday might be tough, as I used up my time-machine tokens doing things at work people needed after the fact...

As for Demos, I think it would be great to see a demo of that sweet Portable Induction Casting Machine.:biggrin:

holmqer

Local Chapter Leader
Hmm, I just realized that a couple IAP folks will be at my shop on the 20th to use my metal lathe and milling machine. I wonder if Jerry and Dave would want to postpone till April if the meeting changes to the 20th...

JerrySambrook

Eric,
Seeing that you have not talked to Dave yet, neither of us knows what the plans are.:confused::confused:

And Steve/Eric/Todd, we DID have a meeting LAST WEDNESDAY (3-9-11). Or did you three forget already, even though it is only a day or two ago?????:biggrin:

pensbydesign

Eric,
Seeing that you have not talked to Dave yet, neither of us knows what the plans are.:confused::confused:

And Steve/Eric/Todd, we DID have a meeting LAST WEDNESDAY (3-9-11). Or did you three forget already, even though it is only a day or two ago?????:biggrin:

what meeting? was i there?

did i get left again

holmqer

Local Chapter Leader
Eric,

I spoke to Dave at the Wednesday meeting and he agreed with the 3/20 plan

RMckin5324

Unfortunately, I'm not able to get there this Sunday either. I originally thought it was the 20th, and I thought I could get there this weekend but its not in the cards.

Padre

Since it's this weekend, I will not be able to do the demo. Sorry.

pensbydesign

OK sounds like we have a date, do we have a agenda?
also, knowing Neal is stepping down as president and has ask for volunteers for positions for the elections coming up,
first i would like to thank Neil for his time and efforts its been great, it will be had to fill his shoes. thank you neil.
with that being said what are people thoughts on the elections and how to spread out responsibility's a little, it seems neil did a lot,
i would like to hear what peoples thoughts are on what we need for officers and what there responsibility's will be.
my thought the president or chair should run the meeting, keeping things in order and on task.
with maybe the vice president planing a agenda and demos for the meeting, this being done with a different member from the group for each meeting to help out, this with also let more people to get involved.
just my two cents

ESwindell

Neil,
Thank you for all that you do both on the board and for our local group. I hope to see you soon but it won't be this month. Just had a friends father die and the memorial is this Sunday at 3:30 in Ossipee. I will have to catch up with you later about the blanks.
To everyone else as I don't make it to many meetings I don't want an official position however, whom ever ends up with the different positions if you need help please keep me in mind as I will do what I can.
God Bless,
Eric

toddlajoie

You know what they say, no photos, didn't happen, you can't prove a thing. But if my wife asks, yea, Woodturning Meeting, that's where I was....

As for the Sunday meeting, I'm just confused, so I'm going to just show up both Sundays and hang out in the wood room, just in case someone shows up...

greenmtnguy

Local Chapter Leader
I had a conversation with Neil about officers and we both agree it is time for a change in leadership from both of our positions. We need new ideas and leadership to see where we can go. I want to see what direction others can take us in. Neil and I both have had our run and it is time for us to step down. Who is up for the challenge? Look what the responsibility did to me. Just kidding, That was Neil's idea. See you all there Sunday.

JerrySambrook

You know what they say, no photos, didn't happen, you can't prove a thing. But if my wife asks, yea, Woodturning Meeting, that's where I was....

As for the Sunday meeting, I'm just confused, so I'm going to just show up both Sundays and hang out in the wood room, just in case someone shows up...

Actually Todd, now I know how much you were paying attention while snoring in the corner. :foot-in-mouth:
Dave was taking pics, :eek:

Top Bottom