March 21st meeting information

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JerrySambrook

Hi Everyone,
The march meeting is full, but if you want to come contact Wolftat.
The meeting is at:
Bad Dog Burl Source
26 Barton Ave.
Belchertown, MA 01007
Link is: http://www.burlsource.com/

There are a few things that we are asking you do before coming.
1) We are turning this into a troop pen donation meeting so:
Please bring whatever you would like to donate. If you can can bring a kit or two ready to turn it would be helpful for the donation and turning.
We will have at least three lathes there, and so everyone will have a
chance to turn at least one.
2) For the meeting swap: NO BURLS OR EXOTICS. We are being hosted by a company that specializes in these things. He has also expressed his willingness to furnish blanks for the 2010 November Turning for the Troops as well.
3) I will be sending out pms asking people to bring various items for the bbq as well, such as cole slaw, mac salad, pototo salad, sodas, plates napkins, deserts, chips, salsa, garbage bags, etc.
4) Please remember that there is a strict no alcohol policy.
5) Be respectful of where we are. I know we are at Woodcraft, so lets do the same here (Tuff one for me guys)

The following are the ones who have replied in time, and made the number cutoff of 20:
If you want to attend and are not on the list please contact Wolftat and he will work it out for you.

1) wolftat
2) HSTurning
3) holmqer
4) LEAP
5) jack barnes
6) mplisowski
7) gregs4163
8) Real
9) Mathieu
10)pensbydesign
11)ESwindell
12)metromack
13)greenmtnguy
14)greggas
15)Crayman
16)NewLondon88
17)DAVIDDECHRISTOPHER
18)purplehaze
19)timben
20)toddlajoie

I apologize to all who did not make it.
If any of the above contact me, I will continue to go down the list of people who contacted me. I had received a couple of emails and pms, and a couple who responded here as well who did not make it just on count order basis.

NEIL,
If you have anything to add, please feel free to do so.
Everyon else, please PM me, so we can keep this thread clean

Added on 3/5 - Please check post 7 for items members are already bringing

added on 3/9 - Show up ANY TIME after 9:00 am.

Sincerely,
Jerry Sambrook
413-569-0543

Last edited:

ESwindell

Neil or anyone else that knows,
Which kits work the best for the troops? I know that they have certain restrictions as far as wearing them on there uniforms. Thanks.
God Bless,
Eric

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
I personally use slimlines, they fit in the smaller pockets and are least bulky. After saying that, I used to carry a full size statesman, but I was always an exception.

HSTurning

Jerry
If everyone is ok with asta salad I wouldnt mind making some up and brining it along. Its really veggie salad with some tri-color rotini. Most people like it.

JerrySambrook

Matt,
Thanks. It will be greatly appreciated.

To those that have already pm'd me, I shall add your pm's to this thread, so we know what we are having.

Folks,
If you would like to bring some items for either foods, desserts, appetizers, condiments, please do so.
We will also need some napkins, plates, and "china" (sporks for us challenged people)

People are bringing:
Jack - Soda and Macaroni Salad
wolftat - eating utensiles, plates
Jerry - Baked Beans, misc
HSTurning - Pasta Salad
Real - Potato Salad and brownies for desert
holmqer - I'll bring chips and salsa / guacamole
ESwindell - I'll bring chips... 4 bags
elder1737- I'll bring salsa and hummus and a bag of chips
Crayman - olives,pickles and a desert, a perfect combo
toddlajoie - rolls, butter and such.
greggas - I'll say deserts unless I am told other
clthayer - I can bring salsa...that I made
NewLondon88 - Rack of Spam with stuffed lentils. I'll bring Alka Seltzer
gregs4163 - I'll bring some extra potato salad
pensbydesign - napkins, a dessert, and a fold up table

If you are going to bring something for eating, then please post it here, so that we can coordinate amongst ourselves and not have too many duplicates, and also to fill in some of the items that may not get listed.

Thanks, and see you in a couple of weeks.

Jerry

Last edited:

JerrySambrook

These are the pm'd items I promised.

I'll bring a cooler of soda unless someone else has already picked soda. I'm up to bring a mac salad also, just let me know.

Jack

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
I have a ton of forks, knives, and spoons so I will bring a bunch of that. As far as napkins go, a roll or two of papertowels will work for most of us. Maybe we should each turn our own plate for this.

HSTurning

I can make my own plate but I would have to buy a new lathe for that. A 5"-6" Plate aint going to work for a fat guy like me.

JerrySambrook

I have a 14" plate and it aint big enough when bbq is involved.

Folks, Please check post 7 of this thread for the list of items already being brought. (edited by Neil)

Thanks
Jerry

Last edited:

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
Does anyone have any objections to me bringing Abranet to use for the troop pen turning at the meeting, it will give everyone a chance to try it out.

HSTurning

I am going to also bring the Abranet fine grade samples that I have. I have not used it yet and have no experience with the cushioned MM. I had planned on trying out the MM then I would have a gauge for the Abranet. Since I got the Abranet I have made 8 pens (4-5 months). I figure this is a chance for people to try it out on a pen and give feedback. That way you get more input about it.

Jerry put me down for the Pasta salad.
I will also have my Jet Mini, I have a VS excesior that travels as well as the jet. Only have 3-4 hour on it. For $200 new it was worth it, even if i end up making a buffing station of it.
I will bring the Talon chuck, mandrels, bushings, drive center, johnnycnc bushings I have also and some of my chisels. Anyone with a truck want to pick me up.lol Yes I will have a couple kits ready to turn for the troups and i have 3 pens ready now, just need to look them over they have been sitting around a while.

Anyone have a dial gauge and base they could bring along? I would like to get my Jet Mini a check over before everyone starts using it. I know the quirks of it but others may have troubles.

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
Are you talking about a gauge for checking runout? If so I can bring my setup, I heard long trips over rough roads are good for highly accurate tools.

HSTurning

So what your saying is I should hit all the potholes and maybe my lathe will work better when I get there then drive real nice on the ride home as to not knock it back out of whack. lol

jack barnes

Neil I could use a couple single pen stands and some abranet if you have any left.

Ok I'm on for the soda. I'll bring a mix of regular and diet Coke and Pepsi, 7 UP and maybe root beer.

Jack

ESwindell

Jerry,
Do we need to bring burgers and dogs or just the other things that go with them?

Matt (HSTurning), I am already hooking up with Tim (Timben). I have a Suburban and if needed I can bring my trailer(depending how much wood people and planing on getting). Tim lives in Epsom or Chichester, and I live in Northwood so if you want to meet up I have room.

God Bless,
Eric

JerrySambrook

Eric,
Some of the things that go with them. Could you get some potato chips, or potato salad or something like that.

Thanks

Jerry

p.s. sorry you are travelling with Matt :rolleyes:

HSTurning

Thanks for the offer Eric. I don't mind the drive but taking along so much makes me feel like I'm moving.lol I have a small SUV so i can make the trip with everything no problem. No one can ask me to bring anything else. SWMBO may think I'm moving out and I dont want to give her any ideas like that. Don't want her to act on that idea. Life is to good with her, don't need her to think about how good life is with out me.:biggrin:
I offered to Tim also but you had already talked to him.

ESwindell

Jerry,
Np, I'll bring chips... 4 bags enough or should I bring more than that.

Matt,
"SWMBO may think I'm moving out and I don't want to give her any ideas like that."
ummm, I think that I got a call to rekey your house on my way down, the woman was most insistent that it had to be done that day.:eek::rolleyes:

Crayman

Food, is flying fast and now I am hungry, what else is new. What is needed still, I am open to to fill the food gap.

JerrySambrook

We can still use rolls and butter, some other deserts, potato salad, olives and pickles.
And no Craig, you do not have to bring all of this, these are just some more ideas
Thanks

Jerry

toddlajoie

I can fill in any gaps that still exist short of potato salad. Not a big fan of it, so I doubt I could make something people would like....

Plates, deserts, rolls & butter are what seems to me to be missing along with a question about burgers/dogs. I could do any or several of these as needed.

I'll be a bit late on the startup, as I have a class in Southwick until 9AM, and figure it's probably in the 1 hour drive from there, and have to drop the kids at home, which is on the way, so figure on me showing around the 10AM mark.

JerrySambrook

Todd,
I will put you in for rolls, butter and such.

The meat portion of the meal is already being done by the host.

Oh by the way, you do not have class in Southwick, cause we banned all Agawam people including northies and Feeding Hills dwellers from crossing Provini Mtn again.:)

Guys, Once again, please refer to post #7 of this thread to see what has already been taken.

Thanks

Jerry

Last edited:

toddlajoie

Oh by the way, you do not have class in Southwick, cause we banned all Agawam people including northies and Feeding Hills dwellers from crossing Provini Mtn again.:)

Turns out you're right (on the first point at least...) Just looked at the calendar and the 21st is a Sunday... I had thought it was Saturday, I would have been all alone with only rolls and butter to keep me happy...

greggas

Well I am not sure what to bring food-wise since it seems to be covered pretty well...I'll say deserts unless I am told other.

gregs4163

I'm still not sure what to bring, everything seems to be covered. Is anyone bringing plastic cups for the drinks? I'll bring them if nobody else is.

Top Bottom