jan meeting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

pensbydesign

1/20/13
at woodcraft
239 memorial ave
west springfield ma

11am ish to 3 or4 ish

agenda i have to small demo planned and would like to see another small demo maybe someone or two can just turn a pen for those that will be beginners at the meeting don't have to be elaborate just nice to see different way of doing things.

we will be having our post holiday party also so let post what we can bring for food. we will be using the slush fund for soda, cups and plates and stuff.

would also like to do a blank swap, each person brings in one blank puts it in the box and get a ticket then we will have a drawing after, so each person puts one in and takes on home. we will like to see the blank turned then posted on the IPA under a thread i will open after the meeting. it would be nice to see what we come up with.

last a challenge for the club, this is for us to try something new and share with other at the meeting.

so find a blank with some sort of a defect natural or man made and fill with anything to ether hide it or show it of. try something new

Last edited by a moderator:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

pensbydesign

meeting coming up next week,
just checking to see if any one is working on the group challenge,
turn any pen any wood with some kind of defect hole knot crack ect, ect,... or make some kind of void to fill. fill it with whatever you feel like, try something new. bring in your failures and success to share with others.

also if where do food we should start a list, drink and plates will be taken out of the club cash.

im working on a demo still and would like to see any one step up and do anything,don't need to be long or elaborate. meetings are only as good as everyone one participates we all can learn and share with each other.

Jjartwood

Hey Steve,
If anyone would like to do a casting thing I'll bring a roll of tape and demo the
steampunk blank making thing it's quick and we can eat while the casting cures

Wadda ya think?
Mark

toddlajoie

Haven't had Tim for the challenge lately, but I'll do a crock of kielbasa for food.

I'll have a conversation with Mr. Pensbydesign about the cups/plates/sodas...

pensbydesign

my pen is done, hope im not alone , i tried to keep it simple this time. my hope for the group challenges is is to get people involved and try new thing and share the experience with the rest of us

bigevilgrape

I was thinking of making some cookies to bring. Either peanut butter or plain ole chocolate chip. I've worked with kids enough that I feel compelled to ask if there are any peanut allergies.

bigevilgrape

Thats right tomorrow is the day. Not today. i didn't show up today because I put it in my calendar wrong. Nope I didn't do that at all. :angel:

JerrySambrook

Sorry I missed out on the nice caserole. My feeble mind made other plans, and so I forgot all about you.
But then again, I know how much you missed me, so it dont matter

Real

You were missed, Jerry. Your Name always comes up (that's all I'll say).

Mark (jjartwood) had an EXCELLENT demo on steampunk blanks.

And we had several first timers. I hope they enjoyed it as much as we enjoyed having them.

Real

Top Bottom