First meeting in 2010

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
We will be having our first meeting of the new year on Sunday, January 17th at the West Springfield Woodcraft store. I was thinking a little after the holidays get-together with some food and beverages (non-alcoholic) and a new demo that was requested and is being kept a suprise until the meeting. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to contact me or any of the officers for assistance.

Meeting role call so far:
Alton
Charlie
Steve
Eric H
Neil M
Bob
Matt
Jack
Greg
Craig?
Bernie
Jerry
Neil P
Jason
Real
Real son
Greg?
Laura
Matt (CT)?

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RockMaple

If I can make it, this would be my first meeting. What time does it start and does everyone bring food to share?

greenmtnguy

Local Chapter Leader
We will be having our bimonthly meeting at the West Springfield Woodcraft Store. This meeting will be an after the holidays party and food and drinks will be provided. The demo for this meeting is going to be a suprise. Door prizes will be given out as well. Hope to see as many there as possible.
Time will be 11:00 - 16:00 4 pm for civilians

JerrySambrook

Neil (RockMaple),
Do you belong to Cape Cod Woodturners?
If so, maybe I can talk Mike Gould into coming out as well, to make your trip a little easier.

Also, if a couch is acceptable, then you are welcome to stay here Saturday as well.

Lastly, this typically goes for anyone in the group with a few hours drive.
The operative word is typically. Skirt-wearing secrataries need not apply.
(oops, did I type that last line out loud?)

Jerry

Crayman

That sounds good, I will try this year as my wife birthday is not until the 18th. I wonder if the special demo has anything to do with coconuts? :eek:

RockMaple

Neil (RockMaple),
Do you belong to Cape Cod Woodturners?
If so, maybe I can talk Mike Gould into coming out as well, to make your trip a little easier.

Also, if a couch is acceptable, then you are welcome to stay here Saturday as well.

Lastly, this typically goes for anyone in the group with a few hours drive.
The operative word is typically. Skirt-wearing secrataries need not apply.
(oops, did I type that last line out loud?)

Jerry
No I don't but would be interested to know more about the group.

JerrySambrook

There is a lot of talent in that club.
Dennis is the owner of woodturning online.
Mike is an excellent turner.
Bob Reynolds does beautiful bowl work.

I could go on and on

Jerry.

p.s. I will be out there in a couple of months for a few reasons.
One is I am bring Kip Christiansen out there to demo for a couple of days

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
A head count would be a great thing to have, if the weather doesn't hold up I won't take it personally(I'll just take the door prizes).:biggrin:

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
If I can make it, this would be my first meeting. What time does it start and does everyone bring food to share?
Neil, somehow I missed seeing this post and now that I have, Welcome to the group. It will be nice to have you in the group so when someone blames it on Neil I can be sure they aren't refering to me now.:rolleyes:

The food and drinks will be provided, it's not going to be a big spread but it will at least be lunch. Anyone that would like to bring some cookies or desert of some type is welcome to do so.

purplehaze

Meeting

I'll be there late as usual with a desert.

Dont know how many turn bowls but if anyone needs cherry bowl blanks or pepper mill size ones let me know what size and I will cut it up. I have a bit more than I can use and most of it is still wet.

Crayman

I think I have to back out, the kitchen remodel is going slower than my wife expected :rolleyes:. Coming up on 2 weeks without a sink or dishwasher. I hope to have that fixed tonight, but you never know. I got the cooktop, oven, microwave and fridge in, so what's her issuse washing dishes in the bathroom sink. If i can tell her I am going to HD for a part, and come home 7 hrs later, telling her the lines were long:rolleyes:. I do not know, it is to cold to sleep in the sunroom, plus it is full of the empty cartons.

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
I think I have to back out, the kitchen remodel is going slower than my wife expected :rolleyes:. Coming up on 2 weeks without a sink or dishwasher. I hope to have that fixed tonight, but you never know. I got the cooktop, oven, microwave and fridge in, so what's her issuse washing dishes in the bathroom sink. If i can tell her I am going to HD for a part, and come home 7 hrs later, telling her the lines were long:rolleyes:. I do not know, it is to cold to sleep in the sunroom, plus it is full of the empty cartons.
SO what if the sunroom is cold, just give her an extra blanket.:biggrin:

holmqer

Local Chapter Leader
I'll be there late as usual with a desert.

Dont know how many turn bowls but if anyone needs cherry bowl blanks or pepper mill size ones let me know what size and I will cut it up. I have a bit more than I can use and most of it is still wet.

I could use a few cherry bowl blanks 8-10" x 4"-5" if you have that size available.

Real

First Meeting of 2010

I'd like to attend with my son if you don't mind. I have attended the last 2 meetings and enjoyed both. My son came out to help with Turning for the troops.

Thanks
Real Mercier
West Springfield, MA

greggas

I hope to make it to my first meeting with y'all but I am flying home early that morning so it may be a game day decision.

metromack

I'd like and try to attend. This would be my first meeting as well. But like everything else it all depends on how the sky happens to be falling in the morning!

Top Bottom