Big Thank you to Kallenshaanwoods.com

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Firefyter-emt

I am sure the rest of the NE chapter will chime in here, but I got here first! :biggrin:

I just wanted to thank Ken from Kallenshannwoods.com for the awesome blanks that he sent to our chapter. I received of his "Zig-Zag" pattern blanks which will look really cool in my personal collection.

They were a great treat to those who showed up. I had seen the post about them, but had forgotten all about it. Very nice indeed!

Here is the blank I brought home as posted on Kens site.
Zigzag2o.jpg

www.kallenshaanwoods.com

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
M

Mudder

Thank you form me to, I have the shark and it looks cool. Can't wait to put it together.

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
Hey while we are at it... Any tips on putting these kits together? Mine is a little "tricky"...
I have had good luck with 2 inch wide , blue painters tape. Put the pieces on the tube and then the tape holds the pieces together the way you want them and then glue the tube in as usual.

Firefyter-emt

I can see that for pens that have inlays like the stars & stripes, but the one I have needs to have those "teeth" glued together and pressed to get a good fit.

I might mix some epoxy with some powder-coat to fill any gaps... It's a tricky one!

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
I got a skull, but I haven't gotten to it yet..

Thanks, Ken!

And thanks to Woodcraft and crew for putting up with us
.. again!

HSTurning

Charlie

Have you had a chance to turn the skull kit yet?

I had to turn the cross kit i received. It is going to be a gift to my better half's mom for her b-day. I brought it to show a few friends and I have a standing order for 2 when I have a chance to make them.

Figured I would pick up a few more kits to try out when I place the order, but from the looks of the picture on the website I don't know if I like looks of the skull kit.

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
Charlie
Have you had a chance to turn the skull kit yet?

I got as far as putting it together .. several times. Figured I'd dry fit before
I commit.. I can't quite get it together, but then it's been a couple of weeks
since I've looked at it.

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
Just a little hint for turning the inlay kits. Use sandpaper instead of a skew and they won't blow up. DAMHIKT

LOL (ahem) I mean .. gee, that's too bad.

Seriously, I'm thinking this kit will be CA finished before it is even turned..

Top Bottom