Attention New Englanders

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
The snow is gone, look out your windows, put your shovels away, take off your gloves, hats, and scarves and lets get a meeting together. I am going to be back in this area for a limited amount of time before I head off to parts unknown again, so lets do something. I am willing to do another demo, whatever you choose, whether it be the herringbone 360 again or my famous "lets try to turn with a buck knife demo", that one was fun and really got everyone moving fast. I may even be willing to teach you all how to remain calm with burning hot brass flying down your shirts if you would like. Come on, lets do something here. :biggrin:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mecompco

The snow is gone, look out your windows, put your shovels away, take off your gloves, hats, and scarves and lets get a meeting together. I am going to be back in this area for a limited amount of time before I head off to parts unknown again, so lets do something. I am willing to do another demo, whatever you choose, whether it be the herringbone 360 again or my famous "lets try to turn with a buck knife demo", that one was fun and really got everyone moving fast. I may even be willing to teach you all how to remain calm with burning hot brass flying down your shirts if you would like. Come on, lets do something here. :biggrin:

You're probably talking lower New England, ha ha--a bit far for me to travel, though I'd love to come.

Turning with a Buck knife sounds challenging, I have two or three kicking around (and eyeing the new Buck 110 automatic).

Having been pretty heavily involved in the Class III firearm world back in the 90's, I am well acquainted with the dangers of hot brass!

Regards,
Michael

Real

Neil:

WELCOME BACK. I would love to see the 360 herringbone demo again.

Neil is the originator of the herringbone blank and nobody does it better. Hopefully this will draw more interest. It would be great to get the group back together again. An absolute wealth of knowledge there.

Real

Real

I have to admit that I am surprised at how little interest this post has generated. That begs the question, what are people expecting from a meeting? I get the impression that people want a meeting, but no one wants to commit to anything.

Please do not take this as a mean spirited post. It is just a question and commentary. So, what would you like to see? Let's get a discussion going and see if we can pull something together.

Real

mecompco

I have to admit that I am surprised at how little interest this post has generated. That begs the question, what are people expecting from a meeting? I get the impression that people want a meeting, but no one wants to commit to anything.

Please do not take this as a mean spirited post. It is just a question and commentary. So, what would you like to see? Let's get a discussion going and see if we can pull something together.

Real

I'd love to attend, but it's a long haul from Central Maine.

vfauto

Real

I would like to see some basic pen design (shape) and ca finishing. Also decal pen processes.

Woodchipper

Turning with a Buck knife? Possible, I suppose. MY first turning when I got my first lathe was with a piece of 2X4 and an old wood chisel.

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
Hi, sorry I had to post and run but duty calls. I am back again and hopefully for good this time.I would be happy to do the herringbone demo again but I am going to need a hand from Real and his laser, mine is in storage right now for a while.
THe gentleman that posted about turning with a buck knife, yes it is possible, also possibly the second most stupid thing I have ever done.
Let's get a meeting going and I will come up from ffld county Ct if anyone wants to ride up with me, I have a good sized truck and can fit several full size people in it.

Last edited:

Crayman

Guess nobody else would like to learn the Herring bone, but I always would like to learn. If Real would host I can make it most weeks...

Or maybe nobody likes you... :biggrin:

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
We can make this work, all we have to do is set a date and show up. We need to do this soon if I'm going to make it, there is talk about another trip possibly coming up.

DAVIDDECHRISTOPHER

Local Chapter Leader
Hi All
I am in for a meeting on Saturday's in October 2017 - December 2017.
The Herringbone demo, polishing demo, has anyone don dipping in Polly for finishing?
any demo is ok by me. Haven't done any turning work for over a year due to medical. Back now.
Thanks
Dave

Real

I'm busy this Sunday (8th) and next Saturday (14th), otherwise the shop is open.

November and December are booked.

Real

Last edited:
Top Bottom