Anyone know where I can get a tree cut up

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

toddlajoie

I've got an old maple tree trunk, that I'd like to get cut up into a couple of boards for use on my ling running house project. No idea what having this sort of thing might cost, but I'm more than willing to pay for the service. Trunk is around 8 feet long and probably in the 20-25 inch diameter range. Considered using my chain saw to hack it into boards by sheer volume of sawdust, but I'd rather find someone who has the proper monster tool and get a bit more usable wood out of it.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bitshird

Todd, you need to find someone with a portable saw mill, not sure where in Mass. or if you can load the log up, but some one in your area (unless you're close to Boston,) should have a portable mill that would cut it for you, around here it runs about .12 to .15 cents per board foot to get wood cut, maybe try craigs list?? or if you are close to New Hampshire there must be saw mills that will do a small job for a few bucks.

toddlajoie

LOL. I was just going to come back on with the important location info I forgot to mention -

Western Massachusetts area (Agawam, Springfield, Northampton and surrounding areas.

I can get the piece into the bed of a friends pickup, so I can bring it anywhere within reason...

My wife called a few of the lumber yards she could find listed (not sure which ones...) but none were willing to cut up only..

JerrySambrook

Glens sawmill is not prtable.
However, call Robert Jennett in Southwick.
He and his son have a portable that will easily handle the size log you have

Tell him I sent you as well

Top Bottom