2017 Meeting(s) - International Association of Penturners
     International Association of Penturners
Pens for Service Members

Support The IAP

Go Back   International Association of Penturners > Welcome to penturners.org! > Local Chapters > New England
  Forgot Password
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Logged on members can hide ads!

Welcome to penturners.org!

You've found the home of The International Association of Penturners. You are currently viewing our site as a guest, which gives you limited access to view discussions, photos, and library articles.

Consider joining our community today. You'll have full access to all of our content, be able to enter our contests, find local chapters near you, and post your questions and share your experience with our members all over the world.

Membership is completely free!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2017, 11:30 AM   #1 (permalink)

Photos: 0

Default 2017 Meeting(s)

I went to the local Woodcraft store and talked to Steve Rice. He talked about possibly getting the group going again. We could certainly use new members and welcome the old members (there is a wealth of knowledge there).

It's been a while since anybody posted here, so I assume it will take while for responses to come in, but let's get it started. Let us know if there is still interest and spread the word.

Once we see the interest, it will be easier to plan a get together.

Real Mercier
Real is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 01-06-2017, 07:06 AM   #2 (permalink)

I am always up for a for a trip to Springfield.
Old 01-07-2017, 05:25 AM   #3 (permalink)

Photos: 3

I will be coming as long as I am available.

Frank Palange
vfauto is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Advertisement
Old 01-18-2017, 02:43 PM   #4 (permalink)

Hi Real
I would like to get together at some point. Say mid February and beyond Sunday or or Saturday.
David Dechristopher
DAVIDDECHRISTOPHER is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 01-27-2017, 11:56 PM   #5 (permalink)

Count me in!
Old 02-09-2017, 11:36 AM   #6 (permalink)

Just keeping this post fresh. As expected the responses have been few, but we are getting responses.

I do see that this post has been viewed almost 400 times, so even if 5% responded we should have about 20 responses. if you see this post, respond even if just to say Hi. It would be nice to see who is looking and getting a conversation started.

Real
Old 02-09-2017, 12:44 PM   #7 (permalink)

Real, I'm one of those who have viewed your post. I'm always curious what other Chapters/groups are doing. Since I'm in Texas, obviously I can't make it to your get together, but I do hope you get all the interested folks to get your group back together. It is always good to meet and share pen experiences and each other's work.
Our Chapter - Alamo Penturners - also meet at Woodcraft and have had very good experiences with them, including a 10% discount on merchandise the day of the meeting.
Good luck.
Gordon

The word 'listen' contains the same letters as the word 'silent. Is that like <<<<<ZIP IT<<<<<<
flyitfast is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 02-21-2017, 11:46 AM   #8 (permalink)

Hi Gordon:
Thanks for the reply. That's why I picked such a low number for replies. I know a lot of people check out different clubs to see what and how people do things differently. Good stuff.
The number of views is growing so hopefully we will start to get more people talking here.

Real
Old 02-21-2017, 11:56 AM   #9 (permalink)

Hi Real,

I'm one of the thread-readers (multiple times, though I'm not sure if the click counter de-duplicates visits).

Springfield is further than I'd be likely to drive for a short event (especially at this time of the year.)

Duncan

duncsuss is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 02-22-2017, 11:54 AM   #10 (permalink)

Hi Duncan:

I see you are north of Boston, so about a 2 hour drive. I would like to think that if we could get a fair amount of people to come (and possibly do a demo) the 2 hour drive would be well worth it. I have watched several demos of the same thing, but each time I learned something different because each of us does something a little differently. What works for one does not always work for another and vice versa.

I forgot to mention that our local Woodcraft has an extensive selection of pen kits and parts and has been very generous with the 10% discount.

As the number of replies keeps growing so will the number of people getting interested.

Real
Related Content
Logged on members can hide ads