2017 Meeting(s)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Real

I went to the local Woodcraft store and talked to Steve Rice. He talked about possibly getting the group going again. We could certainly use new members and welcome the old members (there is a wealth of knowledge there).

It's been a while since anybody posted here, so I assume it will take while for responses to come in, but let's get it started. Let us know if there is still interest and spread the word.

Once we see the interest, it will be easier to plan a get together.

Real Mercier

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

vfauto

I will be coming as long as I am available.

Frank Palange

Real

Just keeping this post fresh. As expected the responses have been few, but we are getting responses.

I do see that this post has been viewed almost 400 times, so even if 5% responded we should have about 20 responses. if you see this post, respond even if just to say Hi. It would be nice to see who is looking and getting a conversation started.

Real

flyitfast

Real, I'm one of those who have viewed your post. I'm always curious what other Chapters/groups are doing. Since I'm in Texas, obviously I can't make it to your get together, but I do hope you get all the interested folks to get your group back together. It is always good to meet and share pen experiences and each other's work.
Our Chapter - Alamo Penturners - also meet at Woodcraft and have had very good experiences with them, including a 10% discount on merchandise the day of the meeting.
Good luck.
Gordon

Real

Hi Gordon:
Thanks for the reply. That's why I picked such a low number for replies. I know a lot of people check out different clubs to see what and how people do things differently. Good stuff.
The number of views is growing so hopefully we will start to get more people talking here.

Real

duncsuss

Hi Real,

I'm one of the thread-readers (multiple times, though I'm not sure if the click counter de-duplicates visits).

Springfield is further than I'd be likely to drive for a short event (especially at this time of the year.)

Duncan

Real

Hi Duncan:

I see you are north of Boston, so about a 2 hour drive. I would like to think that if we could get a fair amount of people to come (and possibly do a demo) the 2 hour drive would be well worth it. I have watched several demos of the same thing, but each time I learned something different because each of us does something a little differently. What works for one does not always work for another and vice versa.

I forgot to mention that our local Woodcraft has an extensive selection of pen kits and parts and has been very generous with the 10% discount.

As the number of replies keeps growing so will the number of people getting interested.

Real

duncsuss

Yes, 2 hours sounds right. Were I to come, I'd probably ride-share with John Flynn, we live fairly close. (That is, if he can still tolerate my company -- at the end of March we're travelling up to Saratoga Springs for Totally Turning along with two more members of our turning club.)

I don't have anything against seeing other folks make pens, you're quite right that there's always something useful to be learned. I just find it hard to consider sitting in a car that long when I don't get as much time in front of the lathe as I'd like.

Fkrow

I would be interested in any meetings for Springfield, MA area.

Regards,
FK

Real

No date picked. Still trying to gage interest. Once we find out who may come, it will be to put something together to make them want to come. Just saying we are having a meeting won't entice the new people.

So, keep promoting it and encourage people to come.

Real

DAVIDDECHRISTOPHER

Local Chapter Leader
Meeting 2017 ?

Hi Real & All
I will be tied up most all of April medical reasons. Any time after would work for me.
If anyone finishes their work with Polly and or wipe on poly. I would like to share notes on the methods my first try was disaster!
Dave DeChristopher

Top Bottom