Who's going to the MPG?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
I'm hoping the weather cooperates enough to convince my wife we can take my new toy! As most of you know, the Ohio weather in April is often cold and rainy! Wife doesn't go for that...

You might have a hard time bringing a lathe home on that!!

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
Just a little "motivation" for those of you on the fence about going to the MPG. Here is how the prize list has stacked up so far.

Bear Tooth Woods: Eight prize packages.

Bell Forest Products: Bundle of Pen Blanks and items for bags.

Blanks by Brooks: TBD

Blanks by Sweet Cheeks: TBD

Crab Creek Industries: 74 Sierra Size Green & Gold Pine Cone Blanks.

Craft Supplies USA: One $50 Gift Card, Two $25 Gift Cards, 100 Catalogs

Custom Cast Blanks: TBD

Easy Wood Tools: 1 Easy Start Rougher, 1 Ci2-R2 Cutter, Various items for SWAG Bags

Fantastic Feathers (JohnU): TBD

George's Bits of Timber (robutacion): Five $50 (AUD) Vouchers good for three months after the gathering.

Hartville Hardware: Four $50.00 Gift Cards

Highland Woodworking: One Woodturner's Bandsaw Blade,

Hobble Creek Craftsman (Mark Koster aka MarkO50): 5 (possibly more), custom "Tube-In" Sierra Style pen blanks

Kallenshaan Woods:Four inlay kits and matching pen kits

Keim Lumber: Five $50 Gift Cards

Klingspor's Woodworking Shop: $50 Gift Card, 5# Box of Gold Sandpaper, 100 Catalogs, 100 Ink Pens w/Klingspor Logo

Koa Wood Hawaii: 10 Koa Pen Blanks.

Lee Valley Tools: Two $50 Gift Cards and Catalogs.

Little Machine Shop: Dial Indicator, Magnetic Base & Point Set

Master Scroller (WorkinForWood / Jeff Powell): 11 Rotocrylic Blanks

Micro-Surface Finishing Products: 100 Micro-Mesh Nail Buffers, 1 pack Micro-Mesh 2" squares and pamphlets for bags.

Packard Woodworks: TBD

Richard L. Greenwald, LLC: 100 Schmidt 888 blue roller ball refills packed individually for gift bags.

Rick Herrell, "Custom Made" penturning tools/accessories: Two $50 gift Certificates for any item listed in his IAP Catalog.

Rikon Tools: Rikon 70-105 Mini Pen Lath , Catalogs and Flyers for bags.

Robert Sorby Tools: Sorby Pen Turning Tool Set

Robust Woodturning Tools: Two $100 Gift Certificates

Rockbs Western Woods: Four Buckeye Burl Blanks, Four Redwood Burl Blanks and Four Big Leaf Maple Blanks.

Ron Robbins (brownsfn2): TBD amount of handmade blanks.

Satellite City Glue: Glue Kits

Silver Pen Parts: One FP5000 Sterling Silver Roller Ball Kit,

Smitty's Penworks: Two $50 Gift Certificates to Smitty's Penworks.

SS Niles Bottlestoppers - Four A-301 SS Stoppers, Four A701 SS Stand-Up Stoppers, One #2MT-A Stopper Mandrel, One 21/64 Stub Bit.

Sticker Me Timbers (Dave Bell, aka Bellsy):TBD

T. Shadow & Company: The Magic Skew

Teknatool: Nova Comet II Midi Lathe, Approximate Value $525

Tools For Working Wood: A set of Three Miniature Turning Tools by Ashley Iles

TurnTex Woodworks: Two 1 Gallon Alumilite Clear Kits (1/2 gal. A & 1/2 gal. B)

WoodTurningz: Prize(s) TBD.

PR_Princess

WOW!!!!

JC_faint.gif

Last edited:

Argo13

Registration Form

Here is the link to pre-register. You will need to follow these steps.

1) Fill out the form. An email will be sent to you within 24 hours confirming receipt.

Here is the link
Midwest Penturners Gathering Registration

2) Pay via PayPal or Send a check. Details will be in email. (This year there is a small fee to cover the Meeting room)

3) Arrange your accommodations. Comfort Inn details will also be in email. Mention the IAP and receive $99/night rate.

Stay up to date on Facebook

Jason

jdmacdo

Not this year

After making the trek from Iowa last year to both the MPG and the MAPG (and the MPG the year before), it looks like we will not be traveling this year to any of the three gatherings. I know that we will miss the opportunity to see all the friends we have made over the trips, and both Duncan and Elizabeth will miss the chance to learn new things this year.

I hope that everyone enjoys it as much as we did, and good luck to everyone who goes for the big drawings this year!

pianomanpj

I'm planning to make it out there (should be a nice drive), but it will depend on how things are shaping up at work. (I know - lame excuse!) Actually, I'm hoping to make all three gatherings. Looking forward to heading to Florida next month!

Argo13

After making the trek from Iowa last year to both the MPG and the MAPG (and the MPG the year before), it looks like we will not be traveling this year to any of the three gatherings. I know that we will miss the opportunity to see all the friends we have made over the trips, and both Duncan and Elizabeth will miss the chance to learn new things this year.

I hope that everyone enjoys it as much as we did, and good luck to everyone who goes for the big drawings this year!

John,

We will keep the light on for you should things change. If not I hope you will be able to make it next year.

Jason

Magicbob

it is getting close.
The management team has been working very hard behind the scenes.
You don't want to miss this.

thewishman

I'm going to come up Friday morning to play some disc golf in the area, if anyone wants to come. A four-star course I have not played yet in Canton (20 miles from the hotel) or a great course in Medina (9 miles from the hotel.)

pianomanpj

I'm going to come up Friday morning to play some disc golf in the area, if anyone wants to come. A four-star course I have not played yet in Canton (20 miles from the hotel) or a great course in Medina (9 miles from the hotel.)

I'd love to play, but I'm not sure if I'll be there in time. I'll have my discs in the trunk of the car, just in case!

lyonsacc

I really wish I could be there!! I grew up in the area and still have family there. But, work will keep me busy that weekend. I will be up for a week or so over the summer, and I am going to try to time it with a chapter meeting . . .

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I really wish I could be there!! I grew up in the area and still have family there. But, work will keep me busy that weekend. I will be up for a week or so over the summer, and I am going to try to time it with a chapter meeting . . .

Watch the Ohio Mtg site; but if your timing falls between mtgs - let us know and maybe we can still get a few folks together!!! Mtgs are... suggestions... :):):)

Top Bottom