Two Shows in Columbus

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rjwolfe3

For those that don't know the big Woodworking show is being held at the Fairgrounds in Columbus this weekend. I will be there on Friday after lunch for about 3-4 hours. I hope some of you might be able to make it.

Also Wood Werks is having their big expo that same weekend. That is the same place that we hold our meetings at. I here they have some really good deals there. I am going to try to swing by there after the other show.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

arjudy

I was able to help out in the Craft Supplies exhibit at the show today. I assisted approximately 13 people in turning a pen, most of whom had never turned anything. It was a great way to spend a Saturday.

rjwolfe3

Missed ya by one day. Went down on Friday but was disappointed by the lack of penturning stuff. What got me interested in penturning was the show two years ago and there were at least 3-4 booths for just penturning. CSUSA was the only supplier there unless you count Peachtree. I didn't make the expo at Wood Werks this year but I will be there next year. I did see a lot of penturners at the CSUSA booth and also Central Woodturners of Ohio booth but none that I recognized from our last meeting. I did get a good deal on a set of bowl gouges from PSI thru Peachtree and a book and 2 videos on bowl turning. I also was suprised to see a booth from MicroMesh. I picked up a 9 piece set with the sponge extra for $15. The wall to wall people made it interesting but I will be going back next year.

mrcook4570

I can't speak for this year's show, but here are my impressions. If you have never been, you need to go to one of the woodworking shows. It is a great experience. There are some good deals there, but by the time you factor in gas, parking, admission, etc. the deals really aren't worth the trip if that is your only reason for going. If you are in the market for a large tool purchase, it is a good place to go see reps from many different companies. Otherwise, it is a great experience once, but not necessarily worth the trip every year.

rjwolfe3

Truthfully if you are claustrophobic I would not go. When I went it was wall to wall people and hard to move around. Lots of vendors. Only one penturning supplier. I saw at least 4 penturning demos. Overall the last three years have been a steady decline. My dad has been going longer then me and he said the same thing. But I did enjoy going and got some really good deals.

Top Bottom