Quick dinner mtg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
This came together quickly, but if anyone is available.

Mr Vic (on IAP) is in town for training sessions for work. He is at Rockside/I 77. I will pick him up at 6 PM tomorrow (Wed) to have a casual dinner at Winking Lizard (Independence).

Nothing planned, very casual.

If anyone else wants to enjoy Wings, a brew, and conversation... Please come!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mr Vic

Ya all missed it. We had a great time. Mark did bring the IAP Collection. He may have to spend tomorrow polishing the drool of them. Picture may be worth a thousand words but to hold some of these was worth a million words

Big surprise: Jeff was able to join us. Really awesome to get to put a face to a face so to speak. We chatted about my trip and to Cleveland and about IAP. I really gained some insight to the behind the scene working of the forum.

Mark had some great background stories about some of the long standing members. Kind of drove home the fact that we are a totally diverse group with a common interest - Pens and the means and methods of making them. It's more then just about the turning.

Thanks Gentlemen...It was great to meet and visit with you both.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Don't believe anything they said about me! :biggrin:

Glad you got to meet two of IAP's best :wink: You were in good company but, these kinds of visits are always too short.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Mark had some great background stories about some of the long standing members. Kind of drove home the fact that we are a totally diverse group with a common interest - Pens and the means and methods of making them. It's more then just about the turning.

Thanks Gentlemen...It was great to meet and visit with you both.

Vic, it was a great time. I enjoyed meeting you and also putting a face to a name. And any party that Jeff crashes is fun :wink:.

One of the sideline benefits of handling the IAP Collection is that I have traded messages with many of the folks who have pens in the collection, and many of them I consider friends and have shared more of our lives outside of the "Pen Turning" arena - and as I reflected, our journey into IAP is very different for everyone.

We often forget, IAP is a great bunch of people! The pens are nice, but friendships are even better IMHO!

Have a safe trip home.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
It was good to meet you, Vic! I enjoyed our conversation very much.

Mark, thanks for making the arrangements and for bringing the collection. I never get tired of handling those great pens.

Top Bottom