Pen Turning Show in Columbus - ???

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ColStover

Disclaimer - I am not affiliated with this event nor do I have a fiscal interest in it.

I just joined this forum yesterday ... A friend in my local woodworker club sent me an email about the Nov 7th event - Columbus Ohio Pen Show

In searching this forum for info (reviews) on it - I haven't found anything. My pen turning son-in-law and I are thinking of going? Welcome any thoughts about it value to novice pen turners.

Thanks
Gerry

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

penmaker56

Gerry, the Columbus Pen show is one of the larger pen shows in the country; it is geared toward the vintage pen collector, although there will be a few modern pen vendors there. I will be there as a vendor, and will have almost all of my stuff there as I sell to a lot of the vendors there, the only other people that IAP'ers might know there, will be Mike and Linda Kennedy of Indy-Pen-Dance, but they have moved more toward the vintage pen repairs, I don't think that Alan Shaw will be there. As for other pen turners to have a table there, it's doubtful, as space is very limited, and basically someone has to die before a new table space becomes vacant.

brownsfn2

I went as an attendee last year. I might attend again this year as an attendee. If you have never been to a pen show that caters to vintage pen collectors it will open your eyes. Really cool pens and gives you some ideas for things to try. I was able to meet Brian from Edison pens and was able to hold a Gisi steampunk pen that was around $5000. So yes it was fun! :)

Top Bottom