Ohio planning meeting next Sunday.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bobjackson

Passed Away Mar 5, 2020
In Memoriam
Next Sunday at 2:00 pm there will be a planning ,meeting for the Ohio MPG. This is an important meeting as we want to advertise the date and place as soon as possible. Please come and join in. We nees all the help we can get. Meeting will be a 254 Columbus St., Elyria, Ohio 44035. Thanks.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Just an FYI, MAPG will be May 13,14 2016. Hope we don't conflict.

I have the MAPG dates on a calendar to keep folks informed; and now there is the fledgling FLGAPG on February 27 - 28, 2016. They will be the earliest, and traveling from Ohio in February is iffy at best, so they may be able to get a nice Southern crowd, and we (MPG) the more midwest/northern crowd in late spring/early summer. MAPG has a nice, solid base, so you folks are in good shape - I enjoyed my time with the MAPG group, you have a great base! I probably shouldn't refer to the MAPG as "you" as I fully intend to come back :tongue::tongue::tongue:!

We'll make sure we discuss having a reasonable time period between conferences. It would be best to have these 50-100 attendees, penturners gatherings spread out, so each can succeed.

low_48

Bruce, do you have an idea of how many traveled from the Midwest to Virginia? Any vendors do both events? I only know of one family that attended both MPG and MAPG. I don't see overlap being an issue. I'm just glad there is not an "M" involved with the name of the Florida gathering yet. Wait, maybe they can call it Mid South Penturners Gathering, MSPG, or Mid Southeast Penturners Gathering, MSEPG. I know, too much!

Good luck Ohio guys, glad you're doing well Bob!

Last edited:

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam

Bruce, do you have an idea of how many traveled from the Midwest to Virginia? Any vendors do both events? I only know of one family that attended both MPG and MAPG. I don't see overlap being an issue. I'm just glad there is not an "M" involved with the name of the Florida gathering yet. Wait, maybe they can call it Mid South Penturners Gathering, MSPG, or Mid Southeast Penturners Gathering, MSEPG. I know, too much!

Good luck Ohio guys, glad you're doing well Bob!

Don't know the exact count, but at different events we have attracted from a large area including the midwest. We had folks from Texas, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Iowa, Canada, Florida, Alabama, North and South Carolina, Maryland, New Jersey, Maine, Virginia and a few I have probably left out. What amazed me is the thirst for these events. We have attracted more than some local woodturning events. I believe Exotics who came the first year, and Jonathon Brooks were the only who have been to both but not sure if they will be regulars at each. In any event, even if there is not too much overlap, I still think it is a good idea to separate by 3-4 weeks.

Top Bottom