Ohio December meeting set

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bobjackson

Passed Away Mar 5, 2020
In Memoriam
The December meeting of the Ohio Chapter will be on 12/7/2013 at Hartville Hardware, 1315 Edison St. N. W., Hartville, Ohio 44632 starting at 2:20 PM. Hartville Hardware is a huge hardware and lumber store. There are 2 homes set up inside the store to demonstrate how to use the stuff you can buy there. They sell clothing, have a large Christmas section, and have a huge tool section. Right next door is Hartville Kitchen, a nationally known restaurant and gift shoppe. Bring your spouse or significant other, as there are plenty of places they can shop while you are having a meeting, and then you can top it off with a great meal at Hartville Kitchen. Hope to see you all there.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Magicbob

Don't forget the famous Hartville Flea Market is also on the same property. Over 100 quality indoor vendors and hundreds outside.

Dale Allen

Bob, I'll have to check with the better half about what may be planned for that Saturday. She will probably not go along but I'll be there if possible.
What does one usually bring along if anything?
BTW, did you set up there during the craft weekend about 2 weeks ago?

Last edited:

Magicbob

Dale, hope you can make it. It will be nice to have another Akronite there.
There were no penturners at the craft show, there was 1 vendor that turned bowls and another one that made bandsaw boxes.
Bring some of your work to show off.

Dale Allen

Oops, there are 2 Bob's here aren't there.
I was thinking that Bob Jackson may have been at that craft show, judging by the similarity of the bandsaw boxes I saw there.
That was an interesting turnout. I got there late and had to park across the street.
When I left everything was full!

Magicbob

Sorry bout that.
Did you setup? I didn't see any pens.
I also got there late, I agree lots of interesting vendors.
I may have found one to partner with on a venture making and selling shaving sets with hand made soaps.

Dale Allen

I was just looking.
I tried one time setting up in the flea market on the blacktop.
It didn't go very well. Even had some cigar shaped pens there.
Lots of lookers but no buyers. Only thing I sold were some non-woodworking items that I had along. Doing those kinds of things by yourself is difficult. The better half is not interested.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
December Mtg

It's on the calendar! As of today, I'll make it - tomorrow may dictate otherwise... Thanks for the note.

lyonsacc

I wish I could make it, but its a bit far from Cincy. I grew up going to the flea market. Still have some of my beer can collection that, in part, came from there. If we end up visiting family (in Stow) that weekend I will be sure to stop by, but it will probably be a few weeks later (closer to Christmas) that we come up for a visit.

Dave

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
Unfortunately it turns out that I can't attend. I'll be at #2 Grandson's birthday dinner. Hopefully next time. :frown:

Magicbob

I was at Hartville Hardware Black Friday ( Momma wanted a new vacuum ) they are ready for us and are talking it up. I was looking in the pen section and one of the salesmen approached me and we started talking, he brought the meeting up, so hopefully this may help bring in some new people. See ya all there

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
I just sent Bob Jackson a PM asking a couple questions about the meeting next weekend and he informed me it was LAST WEEKEND!! :eek:

To my Buckeye friends, I am very sorry I missed the meeting. I don't know how in the world I screwed that up. I thought I had set up the perfect weekend because I'm going to be a few miles from Hartville at another event earlier in the day, and I was so happy that I could do both things the same day.

My apologies, all. I was really looking forward to it.

Top Bottom