Ohio Chapter request

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Now that we have a date set and a venue booked, I would like to get a show of hands of who IS going to attend and who MAY be attending.
I work weekends and am am trying to arrange the day off, however since I am 3.5 hours away it is still hard to make things happen from such a distance. I also hope to get a few people to participate in making this meeting a success by taking on a few tasks:
1. arranging a prize drawing.
2. arranging refreshments.
3. prepare to steer the meeting if I cannot attend.
4. make contact with other members to draw more members to the meeting.
5. A demonstrator.
I have an agenda and the meeting should take care of its self with a little direction.

If anyone has some ideas for a domo, please chime in. I was thinking a demo on making calligraphy pens would be good, not too difficult or time consuming.
Remember, the more the merrier and many hands make light work!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Sawduster81

Glen
I am the pen guy at Woodcraft Cleveland. I will be glad to help in any way you need as far as the meeting is concerned. We have had several clubs use our facility and I certainly hope our group will be successful in Cleveland.
I am new to this group ( I have not been active in this social network stuff - this is my first post ever) but I can turn a decent pen & can lead a meeting if you provide the agenda & can't get here & don't mind a rookie in your group acting in that role. I suspect that I will know some number of the attendees & probably have taught some of them our craft.

It would be helpful to get an attendance estimate. With respect to prizes, most groups do a fifty fifty thing for a woodcraft gift card. Refreshments are ok but not extravagant - we will be meeting in the classroom & need to respectful of the benches & equipment.

Let me know what you need - having never been to one of your meetings, you direct me & I will help as much as I can at this end

Dave,
Thanks so much for your offer!! Welcome to the IAP!!It is late and I will follow up with you in a day or two, but want to let you know there will be additional assistance, too.

Glen
I am the pen guy at Woodcraft Cleveland. I will be glad to help in any way you need as far as the meeting is concerned. We have had several clubs use our facility and I certainly hope our group will be successful in Cleveland.
I am new to this group ( I have not been active in this social network stuff - this is my first post ever) but I can turn a decent pen & can lead a meeting if you provide the agenda & can't get here & don't mind a rookie in your group acting in that role. I suspect that I will know some number of the attendees & probably have taught some of them our craft.

It would be helpful to get an attendance estimate. With respect to prizes, most groups do a fifty fifty thing for a woodcraft gift card. Refreshments are ok but not extravagant - we will be meeting in the classroom & need to respectful of the benches & equipment.

Let me know what you need - having never been to one of your meetings, you direct me & I will help as much as I can at this end

ohiococonut

Where?

Was there a post somewhere showing the date, time and venue, apparently I missed it?

If it's the weekend of the 29th I'm not working but I am on call so if something comes up I may have to go in. I may be able to make it but I need the particulars, etc.

Del

bobjackson

Passed Away Mar 5, 2020
In Memoriam
Glen, I will donate a couple of door prizes. Sorry I have not been more involved, but am having some problems at home. Mt younger brother has dementia and moved in with us a couple of months ago. For a future meeting I can demo polymer clay with some hands on.

Bob, sorry for your difficulties and hope for things to be better for you and your brother. We will miss you and look forward to your future participation. YOur generosity is greatly appreciated, let me know how they will get to the meeting or you could send them to me and I will take them.

bobjackson

Passed Away Mar 5, 2020
In Memoriam
Glen: I will be at the meeting, but have been real tied up for a few months. I do not have time to prepare a demo for this meeting, but hopefully can for the next. Super glad to see things are gonna happen in Ohio. Thanks Glen.

bobjackson

Passed Away Mar 5, 2020
In Memoriam
Hi Mark: I worked for the City of Medina for eight years, and retired from there in 2006. Can't wait to meet you and other IAP members of Sunday. I'll be the big, good looking Guy.

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
Turns out I can't attend. I really wish I could. I hope all goes smoothly and look forward to seeing all the photos!!!

bobjackson

Passed Away Mar 5, 2020
In Memoriam
We just had our first meeting of the Northern Ohio IAP, and it was a huge success. There were 20 or so people, some older members and some new members. Thanks Glen for slumming down to Ohio to set this up, and giving us such a great demo on your favorite pen to turn and finish. Thanks to Jeff for all your support. I will post further info in a little while. I just got home.

We are so happy to have attended this first meeting of this chapter of the IAP... just like the internet version... friendly first... then great information... freely given... enjoyed meeting so many fellow" pen heads"... can see already the advantage of being involved with this group and we hope to grow because of our involvement... Linda and I thank you so much.

Top Bottom