Ohio Chapter meeting 1/24

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

saybrook

I attended the January meeting with my Son, Jeff, who did the demo on CA finish application. This was my first meeting, and I enjoyed it very much.

A thought for the collaboration pen idea: when I think of Ohio, and being from Canton, I think of the Pro Football Hall of Fame. This would be a unique theme to use (as would something relating to Ohio State), but there are very few states that would have a national hall of fame.

Does anyone know how to make a pen that looks like "pebble-grain pigskin"? Or somehow include a logo of the Hall of fame in a pen? I don't know how to do these things, but if the idea catches on, maybe someone else does.

Chris, thanks for conducting the meeting, and I am looking forward to the next one on 4/11.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jkarch

Birthday Pen

Great idea! Ohio has a number of things like the pro-football hall of fame. We could do the Buckeye wood bpen and then ask Andy to engrave the OSU, Footbal Hall of fame, and Rock and Roll hall of fame, as well as any other logos we can think of on it.

Thanks
Jeff

mrcook4570

engrave the OSU, Footbal Hall of fame, and Rock and Roll hall of fame, as well as any other logos we can think of on it.

The use of those logos without permission from those organizations is a violation of trademark and/or copyright laws. They usually do not grant permission unless they stand to gain a substantial sum of money from the deal :wink:

saybrook

Perhaps using the logo would not work, but what about something that refers to the HOF, or whatever is chosen, but is not an official logo or trademark? For an example, what about a pen with a "football" style material or finish, and just the letters HOF? I can also see that this might not be unique enough for a state pen, but am just trying to brainstorm.

Tim

Top Bottom