October Meeting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
At the last meeting as I was leaving I mentioned the possibility for an "Ohio Chapter" display of the IAP Collection - along with a "Best of Show" Contest for a pen to be donated to the collection.

My calendar is beginning to get busy (I suspect everyone else also), so how about October 15?

If things are too busy, we can skip October and set a date for December. I will volunteer to host a December pot-luck like last year if you want, or we can meet in Hartville.

If we go ahead with an "Ohio" showing, I would like to do a general forum announcement and maybe get some other Ohio turners to attend.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Magicbob

sounds like a plan
I was going to call HH to set it up today, anyway.
I personally think we hold off the collection until early next year to give us old timers more time to make something. But what ever the group wants is fine with me.
Dec at the James Mansion sounds like fun

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
sounds like a plan
I was going to call HH to set it up today, anyway.
I personally think we hold off the collection until early next year to give us old timers more time to make something. But what ever the group wants is fine with me.
Dec at the James Mansion sounds like fun

That's fine also!

Magicbob

We are a go for 10/15 at Hartville Hardware

We will meet in the mill area at 1PM

Mark James, our able activities manager has some ideas, bet we need input from everyone. So post what you want to teach, learn, watch or talk about.
I will have 3 new tools from T. Shadow & Co to show off if anyone wants to see them.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Up to the executive decision makers. My daughter has her 40th birthday party on the 15th and I would be fired as a dad if I missed it.

Dads don't get fired!!! They just stay late to tend the embers...

We can wait for Magic to voice a thought with Hartville - we all seem to be good for either weekend.

Stay healthy!

stuckinohio

I am finally in a position to take some time off, so I am in for the 22nd!

Personally I still want to see a kitless pen made. I bought the stuff for it, but haven't jumped in yet. takes a lot of time to research and learn new skills. Sometimes videos don't do it for me.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Just to keep this bump alive, What is the game plan for Saturday. IAP collection or something else?

Magic bob suggested for the display and "Best of Show" for a pen donation be in early 2017 so that folks would have more time to turn a special pen.

However, I can still very easily bring the collection if it is wanted. Not sure if Magicbob had other plans.

Magicbob

i Have no plans for the meeting.
I will have some new tools to show, sort of a sneak peak before the formal release next week.
So if anyone wants to demo something, speak up.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
If anyone want to see how I make these decorative rings, I can do a demo.

No finished pens using them yet - life has been getting in the way of hobbies.

Hint: An old Atlas Clausing 10100 (1950's vintage). Not a functional lathe, but rebuilt (slowly) for one purpose.

Attachments

• IMG_3143.jpg
    IMG_3143.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_3098.jpg
    IMG_3098.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 182

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Actual mtg starts at 2:00 (I believe).

BUT I WILL BE EARLY :bananen_smilies051::bananen_smilies051: and I will be bringing a new (OLD) toy to play with, so fun will be had between 12:30 and 2:00!

m4skinner

Actual mtg starts at 2:00 (I believe).

BUT I WILL BE EARLY :bananen_smilies051::bananen_smilies051: and I will be bringing a new (OLD) toy to play with, so fun will be had between 12:30 and 2:00!

Thats why I asked, I seen on another post you said 2 but on the 5th post on this tread magicbob said 1 but any way see you saturday sometime lol

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Both observations on date/time are correct! (sorry).

I will move this Sat. for the Ohio Chapter to consider a set annual schedule, set locations, demo's identified in advance, all set up to 12 months in advance - with the option to modify as "life" gives input.

Magicbob has done a great job and we can help him out with some set input. JMO.

Dale Allen

Someone left their Nova lathe at Hartville.
Either that or it was a borrowed unit from store display.
I saw it back in the hardwoods area.

Dale Allen

I must have been way late because the chairs were already stacked too.

I worked till 5 today so that wasn't possible.
I'll try to make the next meeting...I'll be watching.

Top Bottom