Nov 15th for first meeting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rjwolfe3

It looks like we are on for our first meeting on Nov 15th at Woodwerks in Columbus. (I hoping 9:00 am is ok with everyone, if not we can make it later.) I know not everyone can make it to Columbus but I hope the majority of us can. This first meeting will be a meet and greet to get to know everyone (I will bring name tags to fill out:eek:). From there we can decide how often and what to do at future meetings. If you plan on coming, bring some examples of your work to show everyone else. If you don't have any yet, come anyways and get some inspiration.:biggrin: If you would to swap pen blanks, bring some of those with you as well. If you have a friend or relative who might be interested in pen turning, bring them also. I will add information to this post as things get closer to that date. (I am not sure if we will be there will be any demo's at this first meeting.) If you think you can make it, go ahead and post here and I will keep track of it.

(For those of you in the Northern part of our state, I am still trying to plan something in that area. I know many of you don't want to drive to Columbus but I need a location to meet up around the Cleveland area.)

List of those attending:
rjwolfe3
vangaspens
melogic
mrcook4570
Jim15
jleiwig
thewishman
rcarman
bobindayton
George7
Grizz
Ricks
bhesson
graybeard
fshenkin94
jkarch_98
awolfe

(If I missed someone please let me know and I will add you to the list.)

Demos:
Plexiglass finish - Chris (thewishman)
The Pen Wizard - Mr. Beall

Donation: Ken Nelsen at Kallenshaan Woods donated 13 of his new laser cut kits. We will be having a drawing for them. Everyone that attends will get their name in a bucket for the drawing.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

vangaspens

Nov 15, 9:00 works for me. I'll have the classroom ready. Four lathes will be available for us to use, if anyone wants to play a little.

Charlie

melogic

I just checked my schedule, and I am off the entire weekend of the 15th of Nov. My wife and daughter and I will be there with bells on.

thewishman

I'll be there! Though it is a grueling 4.8 mile drive. :tongue:

Thanks, Rob and Charlie, for getting us up and running! I am really looking forward to this meeting.

rjwolfe3

Nametags

I saw this on one of the other local chapter posts. I thought it would be cool for our meetings. If you would like me to premake a nametag before the meeting please pm me your username, real name, city, state and whatever kind of picture you would like on your name tag. I am so looking forward to this meeting.

Nametag.jpg

George7

I'm going to try to attend. My family is somewhat scattered, and we won't be celebrating Thanksgiving on Thanksgiving. So I might be out of state for that reason. The 15th is one of the dates that other family members may have available.

rjwolfe3

Ok, I talked to Charlie and we are good to bring our pens to show and tell. We can also bring pen blanks to swap. We are lining up a plexiglass finish demo and I am looking for someone who does a decent CA finish. (I'm still struggling with mine or I would volunteer.) If anyone needs a premade nametag let me know, otherwise I will bring some blank ones.

wickford

I feel like I have a pretty good (and easy) process for a CA finish that I'd be glad to share, however, I cannot make this meeting. Hopefully my schedule will be clear for the next meeting as I'm really bummed out that I can't make this one...If you don't get anyone to do a CA finish at this one, possibly table for next meeting?

Just my 2 cents worth....

Jeff

rjwolfe3

Chris do you want me to use your avatar on your nametag? Also do you want your last name on your nametag? If so, can you pm me?
Thanks

Last edited:

jkarch_98

My wife and I are planning on attending. We found out about it at the Woodwerks show last weekend.

Thanks
Jeff Karch

thewishman

The show was very nice. Stan Cook mrcook4570 had some beautiful pens with the best finish I have ever seen - CA. I got to meet Brian Gisi, one of my heroes in pen making, and got to see and handle some of his impressive works of art. Bruce Mindrup demonstrated plating pen parts with 24k gold - it was very interesting.

It was worth much more than the $5.00 entry fee. If you can go - please do, those three visits alone were highlights in my pen career.

Top Bottom